112

Chapter One-Twelve

Vibe: Adderall by EMM

As the captain contemplated her words, deciding his next move, something burned red hot inside of Alice. The thrill living and breathing just beneath her skin and imbedding itself into her bones.

Growing; Devouring; Transforming.

She bit her bottom lip as she exhaled almost dizzily in the sudden high; the sudden awakening. An almost uncontrollable lust for dominance, power, and most importantly blood.

God, she wanted him to bleed.

"Tick tock, captain..." She clicked, rocking back on her good heel.

Catching the eye of the mysterious lady again, she looked at her suspiciously before moving on to size up the muscular blonde hovering around the captain protectively. As Alice tried to read their next moves, she almost missed the prepubescent looking teen in the far back—sitting with one of the resting stallions. He looked the farthest from worried; his frail looking body at ease as he pat the snoozing black horse's head in his lap.

They were a strange, unnerving bunch.

It was obvious that they used magic like Daisy. Were Alice and the others capable of defeating them? Even armed with iron pipes and magic, was it enough? At least she knew the captain was unable to predict magic spells unless directed at him.

As Alice tried to calculate, her head began to hurt—her plans becoming fuzzy. All she could focus on was the fact that she wanted them to bleed out on the ground in front of her.

The captain stared for a moment at Alice as her pupils dilated in and out, his gruff face unreadable. Finally his lips twitched upwards as she stumbled unsteadily backwards, barely catching herself.

"You almost had me going there, Princess. You—the picture of a living doll—threatening to hurt my crew and I?" He laughed condescendingly, shaking his head as he glanced behind at his lackeys as they snickered amusedly, "Darling little doll," he cruelly focused back on her, "you'd break yourself into pieces just trying."

Princess. Darling. Little. Doll.

Alice's blue eyes slid over his as she thought of all the ways to make him hurt for using such belittling names on her; feeling her veins hum with the awakened warmth and her brain burr with vibrations.

"Oh my. You thought I was acting?" Her voice came out airy and almost eerily monotonous.

Things were beginning to tingle as she swayed on her foot, holding tight to the wooden staff as support. It was as if the staff began to react to her state of mind—strengthening her hold on the mages as if the bloodlust that devoured her was bleeding out from her very pores.

"Well..." Alice hummed with a small exhale, "Should I demonstrate it for you instead?" She bit hard at her bruised and bloodied bottom lip, barely controlling the growing lust for blood as her blue eyes went hazy. "Flower girl~" singing, Alice called out to Daisy, "Shall we play?" The honey flowed off her tongue, dripping with dreadful sin.

"As fun as it's been to entertain this little play of yours," the captain interrupted her annoyedly, gesturing for his crew, "you and I both know you've just been trying to stall the inevitable." The man sighed, running a hand through his greying hair, "I'm getting bored now, so why don't you get to the end of your play where you give me what I came here for and we go our separate ways, Alice Arvel of the Arvel Estate."

Tilting her head, Alice smiled sweetly, "Your five minutes are almost up, captain—is that your final answer?"

Her heart drummed inside her chest, wanting him to fail. She just wanted the excuse. With each passing second, Alice could feel how the staff was heightening her senses—pulling her into its being, trying to steal that intoxicating sensation for itself. Even with the bind on her wrists, she could feel her power building and the energy strands exiting the staff as they wrapped and wound around her. The strings all around her now seemed to glow; the colours more bright and discernible than they had ever been. The loud painful frequency that had been consistently screeching in her ear also gradually quietened.

Which meant, she was more than ready to have some fun.

The captain was no longer interested in her games as he shook his head, "I suggest you stand back—"

"You seemed to have forgotten something... well, someone." Alice purred before he could finish the sentence—mocking his first words he'd told them as her fingers ran along the invisible threads connected to Daisy's lifeline.

Excitement grew in her eyes as she observed the captain finally clueing in. His gold eyes searched the darkly illuminated clearing until they flashed back to where the small black haired girl sat inconspicuously. Her body was turned away from them as the mages held her captive and pinned her down.

"You ready for the demonstration, captain?" Alice interrupted with a smile curling on her wounded lips, her eyes following his. Her fingers danced in the air, silently ordering the mages to turn her around.

It was like ecstasy in her bloodstream as she puppeteered Daisy's body; abruptly spinning her around upright. Revealing her reddened face, the girl under her control tried to fight the spells on her with no avail. Her eyes glared hatefully at Alice before turning pleadingly towards the captain who seemed to be in shock.

"Scream for your captain, Daisy, since he doesn't believe me." Alice's smile slipped as she stared at the stiffened, barely breathing man, internalizing the details.

Unmute Daisy and make her feel the pain of all her past victims... without killing her.

The scream that left Daisy's body very nearly split space and time in half—it was as if even her soul was being torn to pieces.

As it should, Alice thought to herself, unable to refrain from smiling as she bit down on her bottom lip, making it bleed again.

Make her scream louder.

~*~*~

A.N.

Not Alice going insane in the middle of a battle. Goodness me.

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think is going on now?