Aesthetics (2)

Hey guys, here's some unasked for backstory and aesthetics (character aesthetics will be gradually added at the bottom)

While I've been saying 'Earth' out of human habit in the story, Anybody But You is actually part of my Chiaroscuro Universe (I write 'earth' in all my books lol). Which means there are some different laws on how the world works and thus a vastly different history on how it's evolved and changed. Anybody But You is situated in the past bit of this universe. I regard it as the 'Advanced Medieval Era' since it's way more evolved than what we think of when we hear 'Medieval Ages' yet has a hold on the aesthetics and some cultural/political aspects of that time. (There are good reasons for this advancement, of course.)

The Noriad Empire

H I S T O R Y

Without spoiling my Warped Series, the Noriad Empire is born out of human oppression through the use of magic that others wouldn't touch. The magic leads them to actual adequate science instead of religious dogma... and things evolve technically and morally very quickly from then on.

G O V E R N M E N T

G O V E R N M E N T

The Noriad Empire is a decentralized government somewhat like the feudalistic systems we all probably studied in school—meaning that the Empire uses vassals to rule (so that communication between the government and the people is quick and efficient). The King of Audovera, for example, can make laws and decisions right away for his kingdom without waiting to get permission from the Empire. But more drastically than feudalistic Europe, this Empire allows the lands under their rule to have almost full autonomy (they just have to follow the codified laws the Empire created to unify them all peacefully).

Summed up: the Empire can veto or create any law at anytime and has absolute final say on anything. Decentralizing the government and giving the lands their autonomy just means that the Empire doesn't have to say anything for the Empire to continue to rule smoothly or at least adequately.