126

Chapter One-Twenty-Six

Vibe: I Eat Boys Like You For Breakfast by Riot Grrrl Sessions

Stone was being catapulted from every which direction as Alice dived from side to side; narrowly avoiding being crushed. Serephin's power seemed to be the ability of catching inanimate objects in her strings of web and controlling them.

And who knew what else.

Alice watched more than a few corpses lose their heads—literally—to Serephin as the stone pieces launched into them. And they were merely casualties.

"Do you ever not piss anyone off, blondie?" George suddenly appeared, punching a flying stone into pieces above Alice's ducked head.

Raining stone as she crouched behind the remaining stone piece from the altar, Alice smirked almost proudly, "Not today."

"I found Ana and the kids—they're by the carriage." Maggie also showed up on her other side, "I'll stay with the nutjob."

Alice's face curled up in displeasure from the nickname, "Am I the nutjob in question?"

"Yes." Both of them answered with an exasperated look and tone.

Ignoring her haughty gasp, George turned to Maggie with anger trembling down their small form, "That bitch is mine." They growled furiously with emotion thick in their throat, "You see her coming for blondie, don't kill her."

Maggie's jaw clenched as she nodded.

"Stay alive, you dolly looking bitch." George turned to Alice who was still pouting from the insult, "We gotta talk after this is done." Standing abruptly from their crouched formation, their fist once again collided into a catapulting rock. "Stay alive!" They clearly warned again before running off in the opposite direction.

Alice turned to Maggie—her intense eyes darkened by the makeup smudged on her stoic, chiseled face. "On a count of three, you carry me to the water?" Alice half heartedly joked, anxiously watching the warrior queen as she tried to think of an actual plan.

Maggie stared at her with a smirk tipping her plump lips up—simultaneously softening her face as well as causing a menacing energy to exude from her, "Start the countdown."

Alice's brows raised as loud exploding rocks sounded out all around them (Serephin's aim was quite terrible), "Actually?"

"Yeah... otherwise your crippled ass will just slow me down." Maggie answered, turning her back to her as they momentarily remained hidden from the spider witch. "Get on."

"The water really isn't going to shield me from flying boulders." Alice reminded her before wrapping her bloodied arms around her neck—still holding an empty chalice in her hand along with the now slightly shorter staff (a soaring piece of stone shortening it in size earlier). She could feel each sculpted muscle in Maggie's back as she came flush against her.

"It's all you've got on them with that messed up leg." Maggie grunted, pulling Alice up higher before wrapping her arms around her thighs for a moment. "George is going to kill Daisy, I'm going to take out the blonde one, Talia is going to distract the brat until I can get to him, and I'm sure someone, maybe Arthur, is going to help you take out the mages and the fucker controlling them...or whatever."

Alice nodded—pushing the guilt deep down at the mention of Arthur, "What about captain and spider chick here?"

Maggie shrugged, adjusting the two curved hand daggers in her grip, "You're the one with the plans... so start planning."

With that, Maggie stood—Alice clutching onto her muscular frame in the abrupt weightlessness as they joined the chaos. Instantly, things came flying at them; Maggie moving faster than the blades and rocks soaring through the air as she bounded through the clearing. In seconds they made it passed slow moving broken corpses and tired slavers gunning for Alice's head.

Placing Alice down on the rocks, Maggie took a protective stance in front of her, "Think of anything yet?" She had the audacity to ask—batting away one of Daisy's blades with her own. Or maybe it was the boy's blade... or the spider lady's. Well, it was certainly one of theirs... probably.

Alice had lost count of how many people were after them at this point.

Stuttering, her brain pushed the first thought out, "Kill everyone."

Maggie spared a whole second to give her an unimpressed look. One of those looks that showed utter contempt for a person.

"I mean..." Alice stood on the edge of the rocks before bending down, using the wooden staff to balance as she picked up water with the chalice. "Just... push everyone in the river?"

She pulled herself up, showing Maggie the water's disintegrating powers as she poured it onto the face of a fallen corpse trying to recover in front of them. The corpse let out a heinous sound as it melted into goo wherever the water touched. It was like acid to them. And apparently even the thing possessing them could feel it.

As the smell of burning decay wafted through the air, Maggie turned back around—her nose scrunched up, "Does it do that to non corpses, too?"

Alice shook her head, gathering more water—the corpse still gurgling like a slowly dying animal before she poured more onto it, completely melting it's head into bubbles. "I have no clue... and I wouldn't recommend testing it on yourself."

"Good thing we have a couple of test subjects out for your head." She grinned with darkness in her smile, "Lure them in, nutjob—let's get experimenting."

~*~*~

A.N.

Maggie is a hottie too, just for the record. A ripped af hottie. With a similar personality to George (who is ALSO hot because all my characters are gorgeous in their own way, thank you). She's so cool.

Thanks for reading :)