shattering glass

-taylors pov- 

Then my phone goes off and I hand Kenzie back to joe and go to the kitchen to take the call. It's an unknown number so I furrow my eyebrows and pick up "hello?" I say. 

"Taylor" a familiar voice says on the other end of the call, and I freeze. I could recognize this voice anywhere. "Why the hell are you calling me Adam?" I snap. 

"I miss you" he says and gives me this cold chuckle that makes me nauseous. 

"Too bad I don't miss you. Why the hell are you calling me. How did you get my number?" I quickly make my way into the office so the kids can't hear this conversation. I don't want them to ever know who Adam is. 

"Come back to me baby. I love you" he says with a confident voice "what's wrong with you? I'm not coming back to you. Never ever." 

"That was fucking rude" he snaps at me and my breath hitches. This is bringing back memories I don't want to remember. 

** flashback **

"Baby I'm here" Adams voice rings through my LA home and my body tense up. I knew he was coming back today from visiting his home in Scottland, but I wish he would come later. There are just so many hours left of the day. 

He comes into the living room where I'm sitting texting with Selena. "I said I'm back" he snaps, and I force a smile and look at him "hi baby. Welcome back" 

I should have stopped texting Selena when he walked in the door and called for me, I can tell that much from the look he is giving me. 

"Who the fuck are you talking to? Are you cheating on me baby" he says, and I close my phone and lay it on the coffee table. "What? I would never cheat on you. You know that" I say offended. 

"Who the fuck where you texting" he says and snap my phone from the coffee table and go into the contacts, I have nothing to hide so I don't mind. He is only doing this because he loves me, he loves me and want me to stay with him.

He sees that I was talking with Selena "oh sorry baby, I'm so sorry. You were talking with Selena. I'm sorry. I should have trusted you" he says and sit down next to me and wrap me in a tight hug. It's so tight that its uncomfortable. 

"it's okay" I say softly. I just made him mad because I didn't say hi right away. It's my fault and I know that. I just need to be better; he needs to be the most important person in my life. 

"I was scared you were going to leave me. You know no one could ever love you, I'm the only one that puts up with your crap and I should have known that. We know your only fucking good for your voice and maybe your body if you lose that weight we talked about. You're looking chubby" he says and pinch the skin on my stomach to cheek of it's gone down.

"We need to fix this. You're getting fat, that's not okay. It's bad enough that you're a fucking piece of work, I'm not tolerating fattens at the same time" he says and push me away so hard that I fall of the couch and hit my head on the coffee table. 

I know I'm too fat, it's true. I'm sure that if I lose more weight, he will be nicer and love me. I don't want him to leave me because its true no one could love me. I'm too much of a mess for anyone to love me. 

** end of flashback **

"I love you. That fucking child you're with doesn't love you, he could never love you the way I do. I've fucking tried to move on from you but there is no one like you. I need you so you're coming back to me" he says with a sense of confidence that makes me furrow my eyebrows.