ellie tries therapy

** the next day – Monday October 5th**

-taylors pov- 

My mom is staying with us right now to help with the younger kids thankfully. So this morning she has dealt with then while joe has been making calls to my therapist's office where they thankfully have been able to get both me and Ellie in today. 

I'm sitting in the kitchen with Ellie trying to eat when my phone goes off and I flinch at the sound. But I pick up when I see it's my lawyer. 

"hi what's up" I say and just hope it's not bad news. 

"Good morning, Taylor. I just wanted to let you know how to bail hearing went this morning. He did not get bail because of the flight risk and risk for further offenses so he is locked up until the trial. Then I talked with the prosecutor for the state, and they are setting the date for the trial on Monday November 30th so it's coming soon." he tells me. 

I'm nervous for the trial but at the same time I'm glad we are getting it over with sooner rather than later. 

"And they want to have a meeting with us on next Monday to go over the trial strategy but both you and Ellie will be subpoenaed to testify for the prosecution but this not a surprise considering the offenses are against you two" he tells me, and I knew this was coming. I was hoping that they would let Ellie slide, but I guess it's such a serious offense that they want her to testify too. 

"Until then try to gather strength and take care of your family. Let us handle the rest" he says, and I agree and hang up. This is obviously something I need to talk with Ellie about, but I think I should talk with joe and Ellies psychologist beforehand. It's hard to know how to bring this up with a six-year-old. Sure, she is gifted but she is still six years old. 

When I put the phone down Ellie is looking at me suspiciously "who was it mommy" she asks, and I smile at her "it was our lawyer that's helping us put the bad man away in prison. He was just giving me an update" I tell her honestly. She deserves to know that much, after all this happened to her too. "Oh well" she sighs and continue to eat her cereal. 

"Today Ellie you're going to speak with a nice lady that's a psychologist that helps children that has gone through hard stuff. Her name is anna and is going to help you and help us help you" I tell her and caress her blond hair. 

"Can you come. I'm not going if you're not going" she says and cross her arms and pout "if you want me to come in with you I can. But then I have to speak to my psychologist too, mommy needs some help as well" I tell her honestly. I'm sure it's no big deal if I just sit in with her and hold her hand to at least offer some comfort. 

"i'm coming with you!" she states "we can bring your iPad and headphones and I'm sure my psychologist has a chair you can sit on while mommy talks with her" I don't see the need to argue about these things now, if this is offering her comfort I don't mind. I don't want to end up pushing her too much if that's not what the professionals think is the right thing to get through this. 

Joe comes into the kitchen, and I take my bowl to the sink and warp my arms around him and lay my head against his chest. "How bad is it today? On a scale of one to ten?" he asks and kiss the top of my head. 

"a nine, I think. It's... it's really dark" I say quietly so only he hears me. "Is there anything I can do to help" 

"Just... just be here. That's all you can do. Be here for me and the girls, that's all I need" I say and close my eyes and take in the feeling of his arms around me. It's comforting, it's my favorite place in the world to be in his arms. "always" 

Eventually I pull away and he looks me in the eyes and caress my face "can I kiss you?" he asks, and I tense, and my hands start to tremble. "it's okay, you don't need to if you're not ready love" he says and smile.