where are they?

-joes pov- 

I can hear Taylor screaming so I run out in front of the house as she is being pulled into a big white van "Taylor!" I scream and run towards the car but it's too late, its already speeding down the road and out of view. I take mental note of the license place. 

After a minute of just standing there frozen with tears flowing down my face there is several police cars speeding towards me and stopping outside out house. 

"One of you need to drive that way, Taylor and my oldest daughter... they took them..." then I tell them the license plate number so one of them speeds off after them. 

Taylor and Ellie are gone. Adam has them. He has absolutely lost his mind and I feel absolutely useless. I want to fall apart, I want to scream, but I can't because I have children and a wife that needs me. 

One of the cops calls in a kidnapping and an amber alert while the other one follows me inside to get statements from me, our security and the nanny. 

"daddy" aurora screams and come running towards me and cling to my legs which makes me cry. "Mommy!" she continues to scream and there is nothing I can do to comfort her right now because her mommy isn't here, and I don't know what will happen next. 

"Mr. Alwyn, we need a statement right away. And we need pictures of your wife and daughter" the police officer says, and harper comes and pry aurora from my legs screaming and crying. "Harper call Andrea, get her over here now. And if you can't get ahold of her call Abigail or Austin" I tell her, and she nods before I lead the officer into the living room. 

"Do you have any idea who would want to take your wife and daughter?" the officer ask after pulling out a notepad. 

"Yes, her ex called and threatened her a week ago, and then earlier today he showed up at Elliana's school and basically threatened her too. We were just about to call the police and had just called out lawyer when he came here, and we heard glass shattering downstairs" I say with a shaky voice and wipe away the tears that are flowing freely down my face. 

"Why would he want to hurt them. And do you have a name?" she says after writing down what I had said "his name is Adam wiles, also goes by Calvin Harris. They dated about ten years ago or so. From March 2015 until late May 2016. There was domestic violence in the picture" I go on and tell him every detail that I possibly can recall to help. I don't care that I'm basically opening up the darkest sides of Taylors past right now, I need to give them anything they can use. 

"How did their relationship end? Was it a bad breakup?" he asks, and I shrug "I mean, he got her pregnant deliberately, but she knew that she would be handing a child to an abuser. So she had a n abortion. Afterwards she got a friend to come with her to break up with him and they didn't speak or see one another after that. It's been over ten years without any communication. This basically came out of thin air" I explain. 

This is all really confusing; I don't understand why he now all of a sudden wanted to get her back. It's been so many years and she clearly said she wasn't interested. 

"We are on this, but I want to be real with you. For every hour that passes the chances of finding them alive is less. Usually, we say if we don't find them in the first 48 hours it's even harder to find them because in that time frame they would be anywhere in the world. We are taking their pictures and giving them to every police station in the country. Their faces will be on the no-fly list to try and prevent him from taking them out of the country. His cellphone will be tapped into, and we will patrol his properties and contact his friends and relatives. We do recommend going to the media as you both have a platform and it will increase your chances of finding them alive" he tells me, and I nod. "Keep me updated and you have our lawyer's number too. Day or night, if you guys find anything just call" I say and my breath hitches.