they found them

-joes pov- 

My phone goes off, so I leave Andrea and the kids in the playroom while I go deal with whatever it is. When I see who is calling, I see it's the police station, so I quickly pick up. 

"Hello?" I ask with a shaky voice. 

"Mr. Alwyn there is an update on your family. We found them" the officer says and my lip tremble. "You... you found them... Where are they? Are they okay?" I say and tears are streaming down my face. 

"They are being transferred to your local hospital now where they will be examined by medical staff and a forensic doctor for evidence. Then they will be questioned. You can come and meet them there right away" the man on the phone says and I quickly agree and run down the stairs and into the playroom. 

When my eyes meet Andrea's, she knows and tears fall from her eyes too "I got your babies, go and get them" she says with a weak smile, and I run out the door. I'm in no condition to drive so mike, our head security, is driving me. 

A million thoughts are running through my hair. Are they hurt? I know they are emotionally but physically? God I can't even imagine what they have been through this past week. The officer didn't say anything about if Adam has been taken into custody, but I assume that much if they found them. 

I want to cry but I know I need to stay strong for them. Now I need to be the strong one and get them whatever help they need. 

We reach the hospital and there are several police cars outside and I have to show identification before I'm led back to a private room where Taylor is sitting on a bed with Ellie in her arms "Taylor, Ellie?" I say with a shaky voice. 

Taylors lip tremble and Ellie whimpers "joe" Taylor says and her voice cracks. She has dark circles under her eyes and a lot of bruising. Even Ellie had bruises. That vile man hurt them. 

I take a deep breath and take slow steps towards them, I don't want to scare them. "Can I... can I hug you" I ask with a weak smile and Taylor nods, so I sit down the bed and hug them both which cause both of them to sob. 

"i'm here, you're safe now. I love you both so much" I say and gently rock us from side to side and keep repeating the same thing over and over again. 

"Are aurora and Kenzie okay" Taylor says and lean away so she can look at me and I nod "They are home with your mom. They are safe" 

-taylors pov-

The lights in the hospital room are so bright it hurts my eyes but seeing joe again is everything. So I take his hand in mine as we sit there in silence with Ellie between us clinging to the both of us. 

"How long?" I ask him. We have been in that fucking basement so I have no sense of time, it could have been a day or a month, I don't know. "a week" he says with a weak smile. 

Our reunion is cut short when there are doctors and nurses coming into the room "hi Mrs. and Mr. Alwyn, and you must be Elliana. We are here to gather evidence from both of you" the lady who introduce herself as Fiona says and I nod. 

"First we want to get you down to your underwear and take pictures of the bruising, and then gather evidence from your skin" she starts to say, and I feel sick already. 

"Taylor, I need to ask you... do we need to do a kit?" she says with a weak smile and when I look at joe his eyes widen when he realizes what the lady is asking. 

That causes me to break down in sobs "yes" I manage to get out and cling to Ellie terrified of letting her out of my arms. Whenever Adam wasn't..... doing things to me... Ellie and I were wrapped in each other's arms trying to cling onto the only sense of comfort we had down in that basement.