the verdict

** Wednesday February 3nd *

-Taylors Pov-

Ellie is wearing a pretty grey dress with a nice collar, black tights, booties and her hair in braids. I'm wearing a similar outfit like I've worn all three days to court. Honestly, I haven't thought too much about what I look like these days, it's been more important things on my mind. I just let my stylist pick out something for me.

Ellies little hand is in mine when we walk into the courtroom that's now filled with people. Friends and family are here, a ton of press, but also a couple of Adams family members. His mom is sending me a death glare, but I don't show her any kind of emotions, she knows that her son was in the wrong even if she doesn't want to admit it.

We are seated in the front row and Ellie insist on sitting in my lap which I don't mind, whatever she needs. "Mommy there are so many cameras" she whispers into my ear as the jury comes and take their seats. "It is, they're all documenting it for the press" I whisper to her before we turn our attention to the jury foreman.

"Can we please have the verdict Mr. foreman person" the judge says, and I hold my breath and keep one arm firmly around Ellie and the other is clutching joe's hand.

"In case 197, the state of Tennessee against Adam wiles, we the jury find the defendant guilty on all counts" the foreman says, and tears are streaming down my face. And I lean my head on joes' shoulder for a second. We are free. We are really free.

Adam is furious "you fucking bitch. One day Taylor, fuck.... one day you will pay!" Adam screams to me and start to make his way over but four officers hold him down in his chair. There is lots of noise in the courtroom so the judge hammers "silence" she demands so people settle down.

"i'm sentencing the defendant to life in prison with the possibility for parole" she says and hammers again. I wish he didn't get the chance for parole, but at least it's a long time until that's even an option. For now, we are safe, and we are going to be safe for a long time.

Adams mom gets out of her seat "you disgusting woman and stupid child. Telling lies and taking my innocent boy away from me" she yells and court officers escort her out of the room as she isn't behaving herself. Neither Ellie nor I said a word, we don't need to because we know the truth, we know that we did what we needed to do. We used out voice and that paid off.

"Mommy does this mean we are safe" she asks me and lay her head against my chest "yes Elliana. He is going away for a long, long time" I say, and I have a genuine smile on my face and tears in my eyes when I turn to joe "I love you" I mutter to him, and he kiss the top of my hand "I love you too" he mutters back.

While the rest of our family and friends go back to our house, Ellie, joe and I go to the special park for a little walk to take everything in. It's been a big three days and Ellie and I have had to face our biggest fears. Now we are free, but I don't know where we go from here. The roads are wide open for us and that's thrilling and scary at the same time.

"Mommy why was all those people sad when they said Adam had to go to prison?" she asks as we walk, and she holds joe with one hand and me with the other.

"Because those were his family and friends. They didn't want to think that he really did those things. They want to believe the best in the people they love" I tell her honestly. I wish they would realize what he did, but I don't think they will ever accept it.

"But he did something illegal. I don't understand. Why would they forgive him? He did horrible things" she says and sigh dramatically clearly frustrated.

"The thing when you love someone, is that you would believe them over the fact that's front of you. They want him to be a good guy so badly that they were willing to put all the proof aside." joe tells her, and she takes a while to think about that.

"What happens now" she says and make us swing her as she laughs. "I don't know. We will just see where the road takes us sweetie. For now, we know that we are all safe and get to see what comes next for us." I tell her and I feel a sense of peace fall over us.

___________

So up next, lets skip ahead for a few years

5+ comments and 10+ likes for next chapter

Instagram: Swiftielife__
Twitter: Swiftielife__