16 | 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚔

~ extremely unedited

"Don't forget about tonight, you need to get the bus, if your late they will only make your life more miserable."

Those were the words that had been resighting themselves in her brain all day, to the point it was tormenting her and causing her a migraine from how she has been unable to think all straight due to it.

It was now the end of the day, and Sung had no idea how she should feel, should she feel pleased that it as the end of the day, she would no longer have to torture her mind to think academically or should she be more worried at the fact she now had to sit with addicts about some "marriage plans" that would happen soon.

However what confused her more, was not the fact they already had a draft for HER wedding, but the fact that they wanted them both to get along even if he was quote "supposed to punish her when married for her behaviour" but now they were all contradicting what they had previously said, saying they must both hate each other when married and when they meet, however from what she has heard that was only because it would apparently add to their "entertainment", just more proof that she and this boy were being used for their entertainment purposes and both didn't have a way out neither.

A never ending cycle.

"You got any plans on this grim Wednesday evening?" Jin asks, eyeing up Namjoon who looked completely lost in thoughts, probably thinking about how badly his night could possibly go.

"I gotta go to some meeting thing so I need to go catch the bus." Sung replies, looking up at him, Namjoon finally paying attention as soon as he heard Sung speak, waving off to the others as they all parted home.

"Well where are you going? I have to go take Namjoon somewhere so I can drop you off on the way if you want." Jin offers, unlocking his car from a far, Namjooon looking down at her with hopeful eyes hoping she would comply, wanting to stay away from where he needed to be for as long as possible.

"What direction are you going? I don't want to be a nuisance to you both." She says in a shy tone, feeling slightly intimidated between the two rather tall men on each side of her.

"That way." Namjoon points to the right, slightly placing his hand on her shoulder feeling a sudden urge of protectiveness over her he had never properly had until now.

"Oh alright sure I'll hitch a ride then." She accepts, seeing both the faces of the two men turn into a smile as they cross the road over to Jin's car.

"Put the address of where you need to go and I'll take you, just cancel the one in there right now it's where I'm taking Namjoon." Jin informs, as she climbs in the passenger seat with Namjoon sitting directly behind JIn on the driver's side.

"I.. Wait, hold on." Sung pauses, looking down at her piece of paper confused, startling the two boys in the car as they looked at her worried.

"We're going to the samee place." She stutters, looking back at Namjoon with wide eyes, the other two widening them as she says so.

"Hold on wait are you..." Jin begins to ask before promptly getting interrupted by Namjoon.

"Jin shut up, no questions until we get there, then we'll speak." Namjooon ordered, the atmosphere in the car suddenly became very heavy as JIn drove off to their destination, worried for both of them, now aware that whatever mess Namjoooon was in, there was now a high chance Sung was too.

"One thing before you two go." JIn speaks up, as they both get ready to exit the car, both of them still not having said a word to each other, confused and nervous and more importantly wonderin how they didn't know this until now.

"Be careful and more importantly safe, I want to see you both tomorrow in one piece." Jin informs, rating his sunglasses on his nose to see them better, both of them giving him a smile of reassurance before shutting the door behind them, walking up the front door, ready to go in.

"You ready?" Namjoon questions, his hand on the door handle ready to walk in and enter the madness that was about to unfold.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Sung sighs before quickly halting Namjoon in opening the door.

"But... Do you think it is a good idea to go in at the same time?" She questions, both of them aware of the questions they will be asked if they do.

"They're going to ask questions anyway. Come on, let's get this over and done with." He snarls, opening the door, Sung following behind him, shutting the door behind her, already feeling her body want to puke just from the smell alone.

"And here he is!.. Oh wait, here THEY are, should I say." Hoo-woon greets and Namjoon walks in completely ignoring them with a stone cold face, flopping himself on a seat.

Sung was about to walk over as she walked through the fresh hold to the empty seat next to Namjoon,despite feeling scared having never seen him in this state before, it frankly scared her quite a bit, especially thinking back to how he was two days ago when they hung out together. However as she walked in, she quickly felt her right arm being grabbed and pulled making her stumble and Hoo-woon pulled her over to him, making her force a smile to hide her discomfort.

"You're looking as good as usual." he complimented, looking up at her as he gently stroked the top of her hand.

"Thank you." she just about forced out, feeling her voice become very strained as her throat dried up, there almost being no moisture back in it.

"Now as much as I would love to get straight into it, I have to say one more thing to the others so if you two could please make your way out to the garden for five minutes until we call you back in." he ordered, pointing towards the bi-fold doors, gently pushing her away following Namjoon out, shutting the door behind her.

Just like the journey here, they both didn't say a word to each other for a few minutes, both perking on the step outside, the cold breeze making the hairs on their skin prick up.

"I know you don't want this marriage as much as I don't so let's at least do what we can." Sung whispers, finally breaking the silence between them, surprising Namjoon who gently lifts his head up from looking at the ground at her.

"Who said I didn't want to marry you." He responds, tilting is head to make contact, Sung feeling her spine tingle when their eyes catch contact, the man she thought she knew was a different one sitting next to her at this very moment.

"Don't hide it now, you made it very obvious when I accidentally heard you in the library and the way you've reacted since we got in Jin's car." She confessed, Namjoon taken back having not realised she knew about his and Jin's conversation all that time ago.

"Wait so you knew?"

"Knew what?" She questioned, looking back down at him, his figure completely hunched over as she stared up at the blue sky.

"That I was the one you were being forced to marry." He said, regaining his posture, things slowly fitting back into place.

"I guess so but truth was when I overheard your conversation on my way through, I refused to believe you were living a similar life to mine with the same people so I stayed in denial and since you guys forgot to tell me what you were discussing I just thought nothing about it, well that was until we got in the car." She explained, resting her head that now began to feel heavy in her hands.

"Why did you never tell me that?" He asked, clearly upset that she had never told him especially after they agreed to be one hundred percent honest with each other.

"I completely forgot until now." She said, her voice suddenly becoming very strained as she felt tears start to swell, her brain starting to lose it, too much too soon and in her life in general, light tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

"Hey, I'm not going to hug you right now cause I know they're probably watching our every move but it will be okay." He reassured, sensing loads of pairs of eyes staring at them and that was without having to even turn out.

And without a doubt he was indeed correct yet again.