43 | 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚎 - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎

The loved must lose:

If Sung knew that those words would be one of the few words she would say when she returned, she would have panicked on a whole other level.

However that was now precisely what she was doing.

When they arrived home, finding all of them relaxing in the extra lounge they made in the house, away from all the adults, they immediately sensed a tension, one that revealed something that instantly made their hearts drop.

Watching the only adult that cared for you growing up on their deathbed was heartbreaking, Namjoon was trying his hardest to keep strong, however with the words leaving her hoarse voice it was hard to.

"Everything of mine is in both of your names, take everything you want." She manages to say, both of them holding her hands on either of her bed.

Before rushing back out of the house, Jin had given them a letter that they were given by a nurse of Pam's, Jin had advised to see her off first, only meaning that what the letter contained was something to contain for later

"Why did you do that? Why didn't you give it to your own children and grandchildren?" Sung questions with furrowed eyebrows.

In their little time, Sung had learn that she did indeed have her own children and grandchildren; however she also gained the impression that there was some toxicity and tension between them, especially since she nor Namjoon had seen them there or even visited.

"Because you two deserve it more than my children ever will do." She tells them, her face completely shed from all colour, looking as white as the wall behind her.

"Still, just take it." She says, Namjoon and Sung glancing at each other, their expressions telling them more than they needed.

No matter how much they tried, this woman knew what she wanted.

After all, they were the ones sitting there with her in her last few moments.

"Now before I go..." he interrupts seriously, wrapping his hands around her right hand.

"Don't say it like that." Joon says, seeing Pam smile as the atmosphere starts to lighten.

"Oh come on, you know I'm right." she snickers with a small smile, looking back and forth between the couple, who had small smiles at her humour.

She wasn't going to die being serious and in a dull atmosphere, they knew this now.

"Are you going to take your newspaper up there with you as well?" Joon jokes, Sung pursing her lips, Pam never failed to miss a newspaper, if she couldn't get it, she would go on a town search for it until told otherwise.

"Oh no, they'll already be up there waiting for...me" She stutters, spluttering out her words, starting to struggle to find the strength to speak.

"Always ready for you." Joon says, his thumbs running up and down her hands, slowly feeling the life drain out of her if that was even possible.

"Also... depending on what you do with the house....... Feed... Pebbles every morn..ing for me." She says, both of them furrowing their eyebrows at the new name.

"Pebbles?" Sung asks, feeling as if she had missed something to only just hear this name for the first name.

"Just promise me you'll feed her every morning at 8 without fail." She coughs out, her heart rate starting to drop, quick enough for it to start to beep, the nurses coming in despite knowing they couldn't do anything.

Pam's  illness had become too much to take control of, too much to deal with for Pam, Pam herself knowing it was time to die despite not wanting to.

She had seen her grandchildren grow up, that was all she had wanted.

"We promise." They both say in unison.

And with a few tears running down their cheeks, never expecting to literally wave someone off to death, they heard Pam say her last words.

They were both aware it was only a matter of time after hearing how badly her cancer had progressed, they never expected it, she had been doing so well with her treatment, however once again life had other plans, the heavens wanted her and that is what they were going to get.

They gained another soul full of love and compassion, another good soul taken to a better place.

"Keep slaying bitches," She said, seconds before her heart monitor stopped, all life from her gone, her eyes fluttering shut.

After every good moment is a bad one.