[Ch. 1] An Introduction Indeed

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE---*

You slammed your hand down on the alarm clock, the sound coming to an abrupt stop. You sit up groaning, rubbing at your eyes in tired agony. "Ugh, fuck me." 

"Y/N, wake up sleepy head!" Jackson yells, busting your door open. "Today's the first day of your new school!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up. Damn, do you have to be so loud?" you sigh, flipping the covers off your legs and coming to a stand. " Jackson raised a eyebrow, hands on his hips. 

"Yes, because you're lazy. Now hurry up and get dressed, breakfast is ready," he established, turning his heel. Now left by yourself in silence, you pace yourself to the bathroom and turn on the light. You grip at the edge of your counter, leaning forward as you looked at yourself in the mirror. 

"Alright Y/n, let's do this. Even though you really don't want to, you gotta do it. Because why? Because it's for your education, just like Jackson says..." You sigh, coursing a hand through your long dark brown hair. You conducted the regular routines of personal hygiene and exited out of your bathroom. You opened up your closet and snatched an all black colored outfit. 

A simple 'Go fuck yourself' shirt underneath a black leather jacket, dark blue jeans, black fingerless gloves, and black high top shoes. You then put your hair in a simple ponytail and went over to your desk. You grabbed your backpack, phone, and skateboard. You darted down the hallway and turned the corner downstairs. "Coming down the rabbit hole!" you shouted, sliding down the rail. You hopped off and came into the kitchen to see your two younger siblings eating breakfast. 

"Morning Y/n!" Maya greeted, cheerful as always. She was the youngest sibling being 10 and had the element of nature. She could grow plants at hands will. She was the upbeat one in the family, always the ray of sunshine with her green eyes and dark brown curly hair.

"Yeah, mornin'," Chris grinned, a lazy smile present. He was the second youngest with being 13 and had the element of earths rock. He was the sporty one of the family, energetic just like Maya, but very competitive. He had fierce dark brown eyes and short black curly hair. 

"Y/n, come and eat. I made a bagel breakfast sandwich for you," Jackson smiled. Oh, did you mention he was the oldest of the family? Yeah, 21, the caretaker. The responsible one who was calm and rational. Jackson had the elemental gift of water with piercing neon blue eyes and short black hair.

"Oh yes please! Come to mama!" you called, grabbing the sandwich from his hands. You took a bite, different flavors bursting in your mouth. His cooking was always delicious, you honestly didn't know how he did it. Although you could cook your ass off just as much as he did, you liked his cooking better. "Yum! This is delicious, thanks Jackson!" The sandwich was gone within a matter of minutes.

"No problem. And by the way, you missed the bus, so I suggest you get going before your late," he warned, crossing his arms. 

"Shit! Well gotta go, love ya' guys!" you waved, rushing out of the kitchen.

"And don't cause any trouble!" he yelled, stopping at the front door. You grinned, getting on your skateboard. 

"No promises! Love ya' big bro!"  And now it comes down to you, you were the hot head of the family. The temperamental but mischievous child, second eldest by being 16. Unlike your siblings that had one elemental gift, you had two. Ones of mass destruction, fire and air. Yep, you were quite the firecracker but that's what made you special. You had dark grey eyes and long wavy dark brown hair.

On your skateboard, you rode down the sidewalk, swaying your body this way and that to coordinate your vehicles movement. Coming across your new school, it was nothing like your last one. It was big and grand and had very bold colors. Humans and monsters were collected outside the doors chatting with one another. You rolled your eyes at the sight of so many beings in one place, but soon came to mischievous thinking once you came across a group of cheerleaders. 

You jumped up the steps and glided through with ease, students moving out of the way to avoid being hit. You finally came across the targeted group, a conniving grin on yours lip. "Coming through ladies!" you shouted. The female students all shrieked back in fear, making you snicker to yourself after they yelled at you to watch where you're going afterwards. You then came to a stop at the entrance and kicked up your skateboard, putting it underneath your right arm. 

You inhaled the air before you, putting a hand on your hip. A smirk plastered across your lips. 

This was going to be fun.