[Ch. 14] More Espresso, Less Depresso

Your skeleton friends looked at you with concern as you had just gulped down five cups of coffee. You had bags under your eyes, mouth twitching vigorously.

"Um... You okay there?" Cross asked, tilting his skull some.

"Yeah, you looked like you didn't get a lot of sleep last night or the night before that," Nightmare said. A smirk etched on, a chuckle escaping your lips breaking out into a laugh.

"That's because I didn't, and you know the best part?! It all has to do with my messed up teenage mind!" You combed a hand through your bangs, a crazy expression on your face. You laughed madly as other students scooted away from you, by passers keeping their distance. Yeah, they thought you were the pure definition of crazy (the events of the assembly is a great reminder).

"But Y/n, it's the afternoon. How did you get coffee this late?" Horror questioned, both confused and concerned. A dark chuckle emerged from your throat, a low look in your eyes.

"I have my ways."

"Hmph. You should have listened to my advice you stubborn girl," Blackberry huffed.

"Aawww, then that means you care about me, Diva,~" you cooed, batting your eyelashes. A violet purple hue consumed his cheekbones for a split second, Black coughing against his hand.

"Whatever, you're still dumb," he grumbled.

"Mhm. Sure,~" you hummed. Hands then covered over your eyes, ones soft and squishy that of flesh. 

"Guess who it is?~" A voice cooed behind you.  You rolled your eyes and dug your elbow into his stomach. "Ow! Do you always have to aim for my abdomen?!" The figure said, stepping back in pain.

You turned around with a blank stare. "Maybe I wouldn't have to if you knew what 'personal space' and 'hands off' was."

Blonde hair and green eyes, none other than Blake. He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah... I noticed you weren't in English class so it got me a bit worried. I just wanted to make sure you're alright."

"Ah, well, thank you. But, don't think what we have is gonna change, I'm not your friend and you're not mine. We are just acquaintances who happen to see each other sometime of day, so don't expect anything from me before you do," you explained, already knowing where Blake was trying to go with this. I mean, it was in plain sight at just the way he looked at you and to be honest... It freaked you the fuck out.

His smile was kind of strained from your words, anyone could tell.

"I completely understand! See ya' in English!" Blake waved, turning his heel. You looked blankly at the empty space he had just been in. Huh. He took that better than you thought he would. Most would've been offended and stomped away butt hurt and filled with rage... Unless he was just hiding it.

Yeesh, and I thought I was clingy. You thought to yourself.

Dust wrapped an arm around your shoulder, leaning his weight on you. "Got something on your mind shawty?"

"Nah, not really. I'm just tired Dusty," you smirked. A familiar girl in your Chemistry class had shown up, walking up to you apparently. Although, you didn't know the reason.

"You, punk girl, yeah you!"

You and the skeletons turned and leaned some to see the one and only Abby.

"Um, I have a name y'know," you spoke flatly, cocking a brow.

"Look at you! You're such a fucking slut!" Abby squirmed, stomping her heel.

"But a minute ago you said I was a punk," you remarked with an innocent expression. Abby rolled her eyes, her little squad scoffing at you.

"Look at her, she thinks she so hot," Dumbfuck number one snickered. She had WAY too much make up on.

"Oh look, a clown. Why don't you go back to the circus where you came from?" Dust grinned. The girl scowled at him, sticking her tongue out.

"Might wanna keep that tongue in that mouth of yours, I like to slice things,~" Killer chuckled darkly, slightly pulling a knife from his sleeve to let her catch a glimpse of it before hiding it again. Clown squeaked and hid behind Abby as a defensive shield.

"I could always burn you all to a crisp if you'd like," you smiled, eyes igniting a flaming red. Everyone at your table glared at the group of girls with murderous looks. Abby gulped and flipped her hair behind her shoulder with a nervous scoff.

"W-whatever, let's go girls." She turned her heel and her little squad followed behind her, them scurrying quicker than their usual pace. You chuckled to yourself and turned back to the guys. They gave you an awkward smile.

"Pfft. What are you guys smiling like that for?" you snickered. A soft hue appeared on their cheekbones. Hm. Odd.

~ Time Skip Cause I wanna ~ After School

"Human!" Blueberry shouted, jumping into your arms. You braced yourself, taking a step back to keep balance as you hugged back.

"Hey Baby Blue! What's up?" you giggled.

"Are we going to go to the skate park like we did a few weeks ago?" he asked. You set him down with a shake of your head.

"Sadly, I can't. My big bro says I have to go straight home after I get out of school, but... Do I listen? Nope! So, onward my fellow companions!"

"Wait, then where are we going?" Rus asked. You looked back with a wide innocent smile.

"Why you guys house of course! I can't go to the skate park because I'm prohibited by my brother, but he never said I couldn't go to your place," you explained confidently.

"Hm. Good point."

"Don't you think he'll be worried though?" G asked, cocking a bone brow. You chuckled and pulled out your phone.

"Nope, already texted him about it beforehand, so no worries."

"Smart, Doll face. Real smart," he chuckled ruffling your hair.

"Hey, stop that! You're messing up my killer look!" You whined, smacking his hand away. You patted down your hair with a huff, making everyone chuckle.

"I have a question. Y/n, are you a goth, emo, or punk?" Fell asked.

"Ha! That's easy, none of them. My style is biker," you replied, whipping out a lollipop from your back pocket. You took the wrap off and put it in your pocket to throw away later. You then popped the delicious treat in your mouth.

Mmmm. [F/LF] (Favorite lollipop flavor).

"Then how come you don't ride your motorcycle to school?" He Cross asked.

"I would, but due the events of my last school, Jackson banned me from using my motorcycle for six months. I still got three months left to go. I miss my baby!" You moaned.

"Well what did you do that bad to get in a position like that?" Sans questioned.

"I did donuts in the school parking lot with my motorcycle and fired up dangerous explosive fireworks just for the hell of it. Heh heh... One escaped from the bunch and blew up the front of the principals car. Yeah, I got suspended for two weeks, but it was a nice break though." You simply shrugged.

"Was it really worth it though?" Dream asked.

"Pfft. Of course it was, the principal was an asshole anyways. Now—" You ran over to Horror and jumped in his arms. He quickly caught you and sat you on his shoulder. You look ahead with a look of determination in triumph, pointing to the neighborhood. "Onwards!"