[Ch. 10] Pools and Popsicles

You came to a stop on your skateboard and walked up the steps of your friends mansion. You then knocked on the door, the opening to be met by Sans. 

"Oh, hey kiddo. Glad you could make it, come on in," he lazily grinned. You stepped in gladly and looked around. 

"Wow, this is freakin' bigger the my house. Just how many skeletons live here anyways?" you asked. Sans shrugged. 

"Eh. About... 13 of us," Sans counted. 

"Well dang, no wonder," you drawled. "Oh, and where do I set my skateboard?" 

"You can just set it down beside the door, it'll be fine," he shrugged. You nodded and placed your skateboard on the ground. 

"Follow me," Sans gestured. "Everyone's outside in the backyard." You grinned and followed, looking around. Man, this place was really huge, you had corridors going this way and that. If you were to do this by yourself, you'd probably get so frustrated you'd burned down the place. Luckily, you had Sans to guide you. 

Passing the kitchen, Sans slide open the glass doors to reveal a humungous green grassy backyard with a swimming pool and a battle area. All the skeletons were gathered, well, the good ones were on the left and the bad ones on the right. It was kind of divided. Even so, you planned to treat them both equally. "Hey guys!" you waved, taking your small bag from your shoulder. Everyone waved back making you smile in return. 

It was hot today, so some were in the pool cooling off and others under a beach umbrella or rather getting a tan... Even though they had no skin. You of course, because of the weather, wore some mid thigh shorts, a grey t-shirt, and a black jacket around your waist to hide your ass along with the regular black hightops.

Putting a hand under your chin, you try to decide what you should do first. 

"Human!" Blueberry shouts. Before you can respond, you're tackled to the ground. 

"Hey Blueberry, what's up?" you chuckle. He had a smile on his face and bright starry irises as always. 

"The sky," Rus responded, Blueberry groaning at his comment. 

"Brother, now is not the time for such stupid puns! That was terrible!" he huffed. You shrugged. 

"It was great timing if you ask me," you smirked. 

"Not you too human!" Blueberry coming to a stand and turning his heel. You stood up, brushing off your legs and behind. 

"Wait Blueberry, didn't you have something you wanted to tell me?" you inquired, putting a hand on your hip. Blueberry skidded to a stop and turned around, raising a hand in the air. 

"Ah yes! I was going to ask if you would like to spar with me!" he clarified. You hesitated. Sure, you liked to fight now and then, but with a small bean like him? Hell no! Why? Because you knew for a fact you wouldn't be able to control yourself if you got caught up in the bloodlust and satisfactory of pain. You were kind of sadistic when it came to fighting, so that would have to be a BIG FAT NO and PASS. 

You smiled nervously and backed away a few steps, shaking your head. "Oh no, no, no, no, no, no! I'm fine! I can't really fight anyways! I bet your more powerful than me, so I'll have to pass sweet Baby Blue," you laughed. You then felt bone hit your back and looked up to see Horror, his blazing red iris looking down at you. You realized he wasn't wearing a shirt and found a crimson heat dust your cheeks in embarrassment. "Sorry!" you apologized, turning your heel. 

Your balance tipped off as you took a step back, your body falling over the edge making Horror's eye sockets widen. "Hey!" He reached out to grab you, but was too late. The cold water surrounded you quickly, enveloping all around your body, your hair standing up in slow motion.