[Ch. 8] Assembly of Testing My Patience

Sans, Rus, Fell, Ink, Dance, Blueberry, Mutt, Dream, and G all walked with you down to the gym as did the rest of the students in the school. 

"And what are we doing to be this close exactly?" you grumbled, slightly frustrated with having to huddle so close to people. You dodged peoples bodies just to avoid being hit while finding your way up the bleachers. 

"School assembly. They think it will give us encouragement to keep up the good grades," Sans said. They found their seats, you sitting inbetween him and Ink. You closed your eyes and rubbed at your temples in agonizing circles to subside the gyms chatter and yelling. 

"What would be far more better encouragment is silence, some good food, and a beanbag chair," you sighed. 

"Oh you'll be fine Y/n! It's not that bad," Ink smiled, you groaning in response. 

"All I do is wanna sleep and fantasize what can't be my reality. Otherwise, social interaction and participation? No thanks." You leaned back with your arms crossed only to bump into someones legs. You jolted forward having your back straightened out. "See? Can't even sleep."

"You can always lean on my shoulder, if ya' want," Sans implied. You grinned and gladly took the offer, setting your head on his shoulder. It was hard, but it was comfortable. 

"Thanks Sans," you hummed, closing your eyes temporarily. You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep, but closing your eyes was good enough. Sans found himself blushing a light blue at the cute little yawn you distilled out leaning on his shoulder. 

"Alright folks, let's get Y/n L/n down here! Give her a round of applause!" 

Your head shoots up immediately, a confused expression on your face. "Huh?" you asked tiredly.  

You see the redhead Caroline with a microphone in her hand, her whole squad and other students gesturing and cheering you on down the bleachers. You looked at the rest of your friends and they shrugged. "Okay, looks like i'm doing this..." you sighed, standing up from your seat. You walked down the steps with your hands in your pockets, a neutral face expression.

Caroline looked at you with a smug smirk on her face. Yep, you could tell she was planning to humiliate you. Well, too bad, you're not going down without a fight. 

"Okay guys, we are going to show Y/n our school spirit since she's still new! How does that sound?" Caroline asked, holding the mic to the crowd. Students yelled, practically all screaming the word 'yes' or 'hell yeah'. "Alright then, let's show her!" One of the cheerleaders grabbed you by the arm, pulling you to the group. You started to feel uncomfortable as they huddled around you because you highly recommended personal as a priority of yours. "Come on Y/n, dance along with us won't you?" 

You heard cheering and screaming of students in the background, banging at your eardrums. You winced, clasping the sides of your head to cover your ears as the teenagers continued to dance around you. You moved toward a small crevice but was pushed back by a ginger haired girl in the squad. The girls altogether became closer, now bumping, nudging, and kicking you constantly. "Ugh!" One had kicked you in the back, making you growl slightly. You could feel your soul pulsing strongly with fire, your hands twitching as the became fists. 

Caroline came into your view and giggled. "That's what you get for messing with me you bitch."  

You growled animalistically, your eyes igniting a red flame, the fire swirling around your fingers. "Oh we'll see about that you spoiled brat," you snarled. You pushed the girls with a swift air motion out of your path, making your way towards Caroline. You easily flicked the boys out of the way on the floor stepping in your way as well.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!" 

You turned sideways quickly, your hand raising above your head to catch the object being brought down. You looked at the girl with cold eyes and snatched the metal bar out her hands, melting it to nothing but its liquid form. "Stay out of this." A gray mist enveloped your hand and you raised it against your lips, blowing her direction. She immediately flew back a meter or so, but didn't hit the wall. 

You then turned your heel back to Caroline who had a bucket in her hands. You tilted your head slightly. "Who the hell do you think I am? The wicked witch of the west?" you questioned. She threw the bucket at you and you quickly side stepped it, appearing behind her in a milisecond. "Thought you were slick?" you grinned. She whipped around to slap you, but you caught her wrist with ease. A tight grip her wrist, the red fire spread down her arm making her scream out in agony. "I could burn you to a crisp y'know? But---" You let go her wrist, the fire that consumed her arm disappearing, her scorned flesh no longer there. Her arm was normal again. "---I'm not that type of person," you montoned, stuffing your hands back into your pockets. 

Caroline look at her arm front to back then at you with displaced fear. "You---You----"

"Heh. What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" you smirked, grinning. Your eyes flame diminished and turned back to normal, hands no longer a burning ball of fire. "Come on Carol, I might be the new kid and a badass one at that, but I'm not cruelly inhumane... At least not all the way." 

"You're crazy!" she trembled. "You're insane!" 

You combed a hand through your hair, sighing. "Well, you're not wrong about that. But I must say... If you plan to humiliate someone, do it right." You walked from the center of the gym and back up the bleachers, surrounded by silence. You sat back down beside Sans, the rest looking at you with unreadable faces. You crossed your arms, closing your eyes. "Good grief. Don't look at me like that, you know all how I am. It was just to give a 'fuck off' warning---" you chuckled. "And apparently, it worked."