[Ch. 25] Potential Suspect

You locked the car and headed into school, meeting your skele-ton of friends at the doors.

"Hey guys," you yawned.

"Hey kid. So, how'd it go?" Sans asked.

"Jackson didn't tell me anything and he left early in the morning to go on his freaking flight before I even woke up," you frowned, crossing your arms. "I'm still ticked off. He could've at least said goodbye to Maya and Chris..."

"Damn. I never thought I'd say this about your brother Jackson, but... That's a dick move," Red sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Huh. Tell me about it," you scoffed, rolling your eyes. "Enough about me though, where's Dream? I noticed his absence."

"He's showing the new student around remember? No tellin' how long it's gonna take him," Rus said.

"Oooooooh, okay." You looked to Error and grinned as he wore a disdain frown on his skull. "Sup Ruru, seems like you're a student now.

"Just so you know, I don't like this one bit. And don't call me that disgusting nickname."

"If you say so. Just remember to be respectful to the teachers and follow the rules. Otherwise, if you're doing something your not suppose to, don't get caught," you mentioned. "If you have classes with some of us you'll do great, don't worry."

"The last person I'd be looking forward is you, Ink, or the blue airhead, so no thanks," he scoffed.

You hear Blue whimper, your mama bear powers activating. You grab Error by his collar which takes him back, close contact not his forté. A dark smile spreads across your lips as your eyes turned a blazing red, boring red light into his pitch black sockets. "Error. Apologize. This. Instant. NOW."

"..."

"I won't repeat myself."

A bead of sweat rolls down his skull as he hesitates to do what is told of him. "I'm sorry... Blue." He apologized.

"That's okay, I forgive you!" Blueberry smiled.

Satisfied, you let go of Error's collar. "Good choice. Anyways, I'll see you guys later. Me and Dance gotta go," you gestured.

The bell rang just in time and you waved the rest of your skelebuddies off.

"Alright, see ya'!"

~ Time Skip ~ Brought to you by Lazy-chan (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~

By the time lunch came around, you were exhausted. And waiting in the lunch line did not help. Not too long after ten minutes of wasting your own time, you finally got your lunch and made your way across the cafeteria outside into the courtyard. 

Someone sped past you way in a hurry, your souls pulse igniting. You stepped aside and looked back over your shoulder to look at the person to realize they were looking back at you as well. He had dark green eyes that were unique but questionable. 

You couldn't take your eyes off of him. Losing your sense of direction, you bump into someone's back, spilling both your food on yourself and them. Your tray falls to the ground and the guy turns around with a growl. You panic. "Shit! Sorry, I—"

He growls, brows furrowed in irritaton. "What the hell?!" 

"I—" You take another glance at the tall male from afar and he breaks his gaze away from yours, rushing to get to whatever class he has next. Your grabbed by the collar of your shirt, making your attention snap back to the angry jock and put your hands up in defense. "It was an accident, honest!" You muster a grin, but it doesn't seem to work.

"Bullshit you little punk!" 

You wince at the raise of volume in his voice, knowing you couldn't risk fighting back on your own this time. If you got in a fight and were arrested by the school officer, who was gonna take care of your younger siblings while Jackass— I mean— Jackson is away?

"Do you know how much this shirt costs?!" He yelled.

"Definitely less then your upcoming hospital bill if you don't get your hands off of her," Cross spoke, both of you turning to look at him. "If I repeat myself, it won't be pretty for you." 

The jock let go of your collar and scoffs, turning his heel. You brush yourself off, not even bothering to glare at the jock like you typically would if someone put their hands on you. "Thanks, Cross." 

"No problem, let's just get to the table," he gestured. You nodded and followed him to the table of well rounded skeletons. 

"Hey guys," you waved, sitting down between Horror and Dream. 

"What happened to your shirt?!" Dance asked, the others showing the same concern.

"Wasn't payin' attention and crashed into one of the jocks," you shrugged, indifferent. "No big deal, I've got another shirt on anyways."  You take off your shirt revealing a pink pastel undershirt. 

"You like pink?" Rus asked. 

You scoffed, rolling your eyes as a blood arose in your cheekbones. "No. Okay... Sometimes. It's rare okay?!" 

"You're blushing,~" G cooed.

"Am not!" You flustered. 

"Are too," Ink smirked. 

"Shut your mouths before I shut them for you!" 

"Based on your reactions, you're clearly embarrassed," Nightmare added. 

"No, I'm just angry!"

"You're cute when you blush," Mutt smiled. 

You groan, tilting your head back. "This is exactly why I wear dark colors! What are you gonna do next? Guess the color of my underwear?!"

"Is it light blue?" Fell questioned, grinning widely.

You froze, your face growing hotter by the second. You wanted him to be wrong, but...

He was right.

He was so right. 

Fell bursts out into laughter, leaning back with a hand over his face. "Oh my gosh. It is!" 

"Fuck you, Fell. Fuck you," you deadpanned. Different hues spread across the other skeletons cheekbones at the new information.

You snapped your gaze to them, making them flinch. "Forget what he said and forget what you heard. If you even try checkin', I'll burn you alive. Just remember that."

"Yes ma'am," they gulped in unison.

~ Time Skip ~  Brought to you by Twerking  Kermit ~

You tapped your pencil at the surface of your desk, leg jumping impatiently underneath.

A slow tick clicked through the dead silent classroom, the clock on the wall instructing time as it is.

A dreadful sigh escaped your lips as you leaned back into your chair with crossed arms. You tilted your head up to the ceiling, trying to form images with the good for nothing particles scattered all over the squares.

You saw... Absolutely nothing. It was hopeless.

You had already finished the classwork the teacher had assigned thirty minutes ago, so that left you with free time. You're first option was getting onto your phone, but Tide Pod had said no phones allowed during class.

Bummer.

You could draw or joke around with Killer and Dust, however, you didn't feel like drawing and the two skeletons weren't done with the assignment just yet so you didn't want to disturb them.

On the other hand, that did give you time to think about that new kid Rodney Bombardo. Though you weren't the one to jump to conclusions, he was definitely suspicious.

When he passed you in the courtyard, something like an electric current sparked between the two of you. You felt it and you're sure he did to. When you exchanged looks, his piercing green eyes were what caught your attention. It wasn't a normal teal green or hazel green, but a deep shamrock green.

He had to a be more than human.