[Ch. 18] Settling Things

That's right, shit just got weird. Your ex was your waiter, what a great surprise!

After everyone took orders, you did everything to pretend he wasn't there.

The two of you locked eyes regardless, a dark aura falling over you.

"Longtime no see, Baby girl ," Hunter grinned.

"Yeah, same to you, Hunter, and the name's not Baby girl," you flatly responded, your chin resting in the palm of your hand.

"Sure. I'll be right back with your orders," he hummed, winking at you before turning his heel.

"Flirtatious fuck," you grimaced, grumbling under your breath.

"Alright, who is he?" Nightmare asked, crossing his arms.

"My ex," you frowned.

"Oh geez, if I had of known that I wouldn't have suggested we go here. I'm sorry, Y/n!" Mutt apologized, a guilty blush taking over his white cheekbones. You sigh and shake your head.

"No, it's alright Mutt. It's not your fault, you didn't know. Plus, I'm not gonna let some ex ruin my time with you guys anyway, so don't worry about it." You smiled half heartedly, trying to shrug the bitter feeling of your ex off your shoulders.

Hunter came out minutes later, balancing trays on his arms. He set the dishes down, eyes on you to which you chose not to acknowledge.

"Seems like you've made a lot of guy friends as usual," he smirked. You fiddled with your fork, looking down at your plate.

"We're not together, we're not friends, nor are we acquaintances. Why are you talking to me?" You asked, turning your head to look him in the eyes.

"Well, it's been awhile since I've seen you. What, I can't say hi?"

"I prefer you not say anything at all, but that to," you hummed, taking a bite of your [f/f] (favorite food).

"You haven't visited your old friends," he acknowledged.

"Why do you care? You're not one of them and most didn't care about anything more than trying to get in my pants just like you," you scoffed.

"Look, can't we just get over it?! I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing!" Hunter exasperated.

"I'll get over it when you drop dead or when pigs fly and I trust neither will happen anytime soon," you snarled.

"I love you, not Kaylie! What you saw that day wasn't what you thought! Just let me explain!"

"I've heard your pathetic excuses time and time again, I don't want to hear them anymore! Why can't you just move on?!" You grunted, standing up, hands beginning to slowly simmer the table wood.

"I already said I was sorry!"

"No, you're sorry you got caught," you seethed, a low threatening look in your eyes. "I'm this close to roasting the hell out your ass, so I suggest you go back to doing your job and leave me and my friends the fuck alone."

"But, Y/n—"

"Now! Or so help me, I will burn you alive!" You yelled, your eyes flaring a dangerous red, hair kindled white with red and orange flames. It began to turn blue indicating you were getting past your tolerance point and we're about to burn some shit down, like, literally.

Hunter knew this so he took a few steps back and turned his heel without another word to your table. You felt a gentle tug of your sleeve, forcing you to snap your gaze to the skeleton.

"Y/n, calm down, it's alright he's gone," Dance soothed. An animalistic growl rumbled from your throat as you recollected yourself and sat back down. You took your hands off the table, revealing burn marks, the flames from your hair distinguishing.

"That was pretty intense Sweetheart, you okay?" Red asked, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you sighed. "Let's just hurry up and get out of here before anything else happens."

Everyone agreed with you and quickly ate, G and Sans paying for the bill. Just as you exited out the door, a familiar make up two faced bitch walked through the door. Kaylie. She wore her usual slutty crop top and red plaid skirt, black four inch heels. You growled. Just why the hell does she have to be here.

Kaylie caught eye of you looking at her and giggled, a cocky grin on her lips.

"Oh, hello Y/n, I'm just here to see my boyfriend, Hunter."

Your eye twitched, fingers curling into your palm tightly. You forced yourself to smile, not wanting to give her satisfaction of your mood.

"Ah, yes. I see, he was actually my waiter, quite the flirt actually," you smirked, tilting your head some. "Absolutely charming if I might add, I didn't expect him to confess his love for me over such a slut like you."

A grim darkness fell over her cocky expression, the corner of her cocky grin twitching into a strained smile.

"Oh I'm sure he would never do that, especially with a flame temporal bitch like you," she laughed. You took a step forward, a shit eating grin on your face.

"Oh honey, apparently he's not telling you the truth and you're in denial. Remember, what goes around comes around. How you got your boyfriend will be the same way you lose him. Ta ta now.~"

You bumped her shoulder as you passed by, walking off with your friends while she stood at the entrance like a dumb deer in headlights.

"Wowie Human, you showed her!" Blueberry cheered, jumping up beside you. You chuckle and pat his head.

"Thanks, Baby blue."

"Yeah, you were a badass," Rus commented.

"She's always been a badass, what are you talking about?" G scoffed playfully, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. You laughed.

"You're right about that one."

"Again, I'm really sorry, Y/n," Mutt apologized.

"Babs, it's alright buddy. Don't worry about," you smiled. "Plus, I needed to straighten those two both up. I said what I needed to say and now, I feel refreshed. Now, who wants ice cream, I'm still hungry."

"I'll take you gladly upon that offer," Nightmare chimed.

"Yeah, we can see who gets brain freeze the quickest!" Killer grinned.

"Oh you're on!" Ink smirked.

"I'd probably give up on the first two scoops," Dream admitted.

"Same, Ketchup's better," Sans shrugged, Dream giving him a confused look.

"Heh. We'll see about that you amateurs," Horror responded. "I'm obviously gonna win."

"Sure ya' old geezer," Cross snickered softly.

"I'm not so sure about that, my ice cream tolerance is exceptionally incredible," you boasted. "So of course, none of you would win." G chuckled, ruffling your hair.

"We'll see about that Doll. We'll see."