[Ch. 23] Be Polite or Get In a Fight

You got a chocolate bar from the fridge and walked over to the table where Error and a couple of the skeletons sat. They were there to keep him in check if he got out of line. 

"Okay Error, when you want a chocolate bar, how do you ask politely?" You asked, putting the chocolate bar forth. 

"Get me a fucking chocolate bar or I'll kill you," he answered. You flicked his forehead with flame just off the tip of your finger. "Ow!"

"Wrong answer. It's: May I please have a chocolate bar," you corrected. "Never demand."

"Yeesh you're bad at this, Glitch," Killer snickered. 

"Shut it, squid tears," he hissed.

"Ah, ah, ah. No insults. Now let's try again. How do you ask for chocolate politely?" You repeated. 

Error crossed his arms and rolled his dots. "May I please have a chocolate bar?" He seethed. 

"Less agression," you added. 

"May I please have a chocolate bar?" He asked softly.

"Good! And what do we say when someone gives you something?" You asked, handing him the bar. He gently took it from your hand, a hue of yellow dusting his cheekbones.

"Thank you," he grumbled.

"You're welcome," you grinned. "See? We're making progress!" 

"I can see that," Ink chuckled. "At least he's a bit more calm now." 

"I've always been calm, your presence just annoys me," Error deadpanned.

"Eh, I'd have to say you're a bit on the maniac side, but that's all right, I'm not too far from it myself," Dust laughed lowly. 

"Got that right," Killer chuckled.

"Personally, you two worry me at times," Rus sighed. "You can be freaking lunatics if not watched properly."

"Thanks!" They smiled innocently in unison.

"Aw, how sweet!" You giggled, pulling out a box of cookies and cream pocky's. You gave Blue a few and sat down in a chair next to Black. You raised a brow. "How come you're so quiet, Diva? You usually voice your opinion."

He looked up from his wordsearch puzzle and gave out an irritated sigh, looking to you with his usual amount of sass. "Well, if you must know, I'm trying to escape the constant idiocy I find myself around."

An uncomfortable silence fell between you and him, so you continued the conversation to something more positive. "So.... want a pocky?" You asked, motioning the box towards him. 

"I have no time for such sweets," he huffed, turning his head away. 

"But, they're really good!" Blue added.

"I said no."

Having an idea in mind, you clicked your tongue and smirked.

"Ya' know... Not taking such a simple offer shows just how really of a stick in the mud you are, but I guess you're right. Although, they're really good, so... Your loss," you shrugged, getting up from your seat.

Black flinched at your words, right socket twitching.

You put a pocky stick between your lips like if it were a toothpick. Your back facing him, a satisfied grin was plastered across your lips knowing full well your plan had worked.

In three... two... one.

"I am not a stick in the mud, give me one! I'll prove you wrong!" He yelled. You quickly turned around with a beaming smile.