[Ch. 21] Disruption of the Timelines

"We have to go back!" You cried, trying to free yourself from Cross. He held you firmly, refusing to let go of your injured figure.

You were settled near a stream where the area was desolate, far from the park forest.

"Y/n, you're not in the state to fight," he spoke calmly.

"It doesn't matter! We have to help them!" You shouted. "They're being attacked because of me!"

"It's not your fault, kid. Error's just a lunatic," Rus said.

"He may be powerful, but he won't stand a chance against more than one of us," Black assured confidently.

"Sure, he has the stringy things that could cut you up to pieces if he wanted to, but that's not gonna happen," Killer grinned. "We don't die that easily."

"Can't we go back and help? I mean—"

Cross shook his head. "No, our priority right now is to keep you safe. Until then, we're not going anywhere near Error."

You folded your arms over your chest only to hiss in pain at the exposed wounds.

"Kid, I got a question. How come you didn't use your powers?" Rus asked.

"I tried, I just—" You stammered with a frustrated sigh.

"Without the proper amount of oxygen intake, I can't activate my powers. When Errors strings had me entangled, one of them was wrapped around my neck, hence, my oxygen supply was cut short.

The strings also cut quite deep into my skin which caused a lot of bleeding and that took off from my oxygen supply because it wasn't fully circulating throughout my body. Using the element of air requires not only full calmness of breath but plenty of oxygen while fire only requires a small percentage of that."

"So, you were practically at a disadvantage when Error caught you."

"Yep."

"Why didn't you use destruction then?" Killer asked.

"I still don't know how to control it yet. There's no telling what would happen if I were to lose control," you delineated. "That's the worse case scenario and I don't want that to happen."

He clicked the roof of his mouth accompanied by an understanding nod. "Ah. Gotcha'."

You turned your head to the direction of the forest with a worried look.

I hope they're okay, you thought.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*— AT THE FOREST BATTLE —*

"Dance, to your left!" Sans shouted.

Dance jumped back from the approaching strings, blasters disintegrating the almost invincible material.

"Guys, a little help!" Red asked, tangled up in strings hanging from a tree branch.

"I'll save you!" Blueberry triumphed, sprinting into action. He was to caught in the red strings, pulled up right next to Red. "Woopsie!"

Red sighed with the roll of his red dots. "Nice goin' genius."

"D-damn it, this isn't getting us anywhere!" Mutt panted, bones charging towards Error on his command. "We need a plan!"

"There's no time, we just gotta work with what we've got!" G huffed, a bead of sweat dripping down his skull.

"Error, surrender now and we''ll show you mercy or choose to fall to your demise!" Ink yelled, splashing a slash of black paint cutting the strings surrounding him.