[Ch. 12] Hospital

You sat in a chair beside his bed, guilt eating at you alive. The doctors had given you a quick clean up from the stab wound, but it wasn't that deep so you were fine. You slept in a slouch position with arms crossed. 

The shuffling of multiple footsteps filled your ears and your eye shot open to your friends and siblings. 

"How are you guys doing? Are you okay? Is Chris okay? What happened?" Jackson asked all at once. You combed a hand through your white hair, sighing calmly. 

"Calm down. Chris is fine, he's got a few bruises and cuts, but he'll be okay," you explained, standing up. You intertwined your fingers and stretched your arms over your head, arching your back in with a yawn. A few muscles pulled loose releasing a pop. 

"What happened?" Sans asked, concerned. 

"Bullies. Highschoolers too. I swear if there at the same school I am, I'm gonna bash their heads in," you hissed, rage sparking again. Shifting behind you, cut you short making you and everyone silent as you snapped your heads towards the boy. 

"Chris!" Maya wailed, rushing past us. She jumped on the bed and enveloped Chris in a hug. "You're okay! I'm so glad you're okay!" she sobs. Chris is surprised at first, but quickly hugs her back, rubbing her back in circular motions.

"Yeah, I'm okay Maya," he chuckled, wincing a bit. "Although, you're hugging me a bit too tight there." 

"Sorry," she sniffles, pulling back from the hug. Maya shifts over and sits beside Chris, laying her head against his arm for comfort. A corner of mouth lifts up in reply at their sibling love. 

"We're just glad you're alright, you really had me worried lil man," Jackson chuckled, he walked over to the edge of the bed and sat down by Chris' legs. You stood standing, still feeling guilty that you couldn't have stopped the fight sooner. 

A bony hand laid on your shoulder making you turn to look at the skeleton, it was Nightmare. 

"It's not your fault, you did all you could do. Your brother's in a safe place now and that's all that matters," he assured, his voice harsh but sincere. You didn't mean to, but you couldn't help it. You swivelled around and pulled Nightmare into a hug, tears pricking at your eyes. 

He wasn't the one for comforting or physical contact, but you were an acception strangely. The skeletons watched worried that Nightmare would push you back. 

"Kid, I don't think you should---" 

Nightmare wrapped his arms around you, hugging you back taking most by surprise. He always pushed others away, but not you. Suprisingly. 

"Thanks Nightmare," you sniffled, his sockets going wide. A cyan hue appeared on his black cheekbones, a fluttering feeling inside his chest. He had never been thanked, better yet appreciated for helping if he actualy did something that wasn't evil. Heh, you were an entirely different type of human, weren't you? 

"No... problem," he trailled off. You pulled back from the hug, wiping a few faint golden tears with your palm. The skeletons awed at your tears, blushing some at how beautiful you were when you cried. You were a hothead for sure, but when you were soft and vulnerable, it was adorable. 

Jackson noticed your state, empathy in his eyes. 

"Y/n you should go home to get some rest, me and Maya will stay for now with Chris," he insisted softly. You turned to Jackson and shook your head. 

"I'm fine Jackson, I'll stay," you quavered. Chris looked at with pleading eyes. 

"Y/n you were hurt to. Although your injuries are not as serious as mine, you should go get some rest. Jackson's right," he agreed. 

"We need the both of you to get better, so listen to brother," Maya smiled. You sighed in defeat, rubbing the back of your neck. You knew you were tired from exerting so much magic and energy, you just didn't want to admit it.

"Alright, I'll go. Come on guys," you gestured. You and the skeletons waved your siblings goodbye and headed out of the hospital. Exiting out the doors, the bandge under your shirt rubbed against your wound irritably making you hiss. You leaned against the wall, holding your side. "Damn it, why did that kid have such a huge pocket knife and why did he have to stab so deep?" 

The skeletons stopped with concerned looks. 

"You okay kiddo?" Sans asked. 

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine," you grinned, stepping from the wall. 

"Apparently you're not, you keep holding your side," G pointed out. 

"Sweetheart, you're obviously not fine," Fell said, tilting his skull. 

"She was stabbed," Dust stated, walking up to you. 

"I already knew that, I can feel her pain," Nightmare added.

"I didn't even tell you my injury, how did you know I was stabbed?" you asked in disbelief. "H-hey!" Dust grabbed your hand from your side and lifted up your shirt some, revealing the bandage that was there.

"Based on the way your holding your side, it can't be an obvious bruise because you're applying pressure to the wound to make it stop. So, it's obviously rather giving you pain or it's bleeding again," He explained. You smacked his hand away and pulled your shirt back down. 

"W-whatever. Let's just go, okay? I'm tired and want to go home," you huffed, pacing forward. Everyone shared worried looks before following you to the car.  

The whole car ride was nothing but silence. Although the van was big, you had to sit in someones lap the whole ride, that being Cross which left a purple hue on his cheekbones the whole ride. You did your best not to shift but it was difficult when you were all squished. 

You were on your phone, playing mobile games and texting Jin who was out of town. He told you he was going to travel abroad which made you really sad because you hadn't gotten the proper chance to hang out with him yet. But, he did promise he would visit you and bring back souvenirs from his travels which made you feel somewhat better. 

Eventually, you grew tired once again and drifted off to sleep soundly leaning back against Cross as a pillow, something he didn't mind.