[Ch. 22] Not What He Seems

The guys invited you over to tell you the news. Knowing Error was there made you a bit apprehensive, but you decided get past that feeling and come over. Besides, you had a few questions of your own to ask him.

You sat across from his bed, just the two of you in the room since you had insisted the atmosphere would be less tense without all of your skeletons buddies staring him down. Plus, it's not like he could attack you anyways, he had magical cuffs that Ink created so he wasn't able to use his magic. Without it, he was completely defenseless.

Your hands were settled between your slightly parted legs as you turned the rolling seat side to side slowly in thought.

.

.

.

Let's just say you were a bit conflicted.

The only hybrids you knew of were your siblings. The youngest didn't know anything pertaining to timelines and the eldest, he knew better than to mess with that stuff. He's too cautious and precise and aware to do something like that.

Then, there was you.

You knew the dangers, the percautions, etc. You knew how to leave stuff well enough alone despite your curiosity because you knew of the consequences. Just one simple mistake or change can shift an entire timeline, causing a whether beneficial or disasterous result.

Either way, this was not going to be a good outcome for whomever was screwing up everything time-dimensional related.

"So... you mentioned a shift in the timelines were being caused by a hybrid that could jump or interchange between them?" You started.

"Correct. And, I was able to track them down to this one," Error replied sarcastically.

(Sorry, the constant error crap with the words is EXTREMELY time consuming, so Imma just use bold writing for his speech from now on.)

"Mhm..." You hummed and bit your lip, tapping a finger at your cheek in thought. "The question is, why are you so concerned? No offense, but you seem like the type that takes pleasure in destroying things."

A grin made stretched across the glitchy skeletons skull, one that read sadistic amusement. "And right you are, my little Marionette. My, aren't you the detective."

You rolled your eyes at his sardonic demeanor and scoffed. "I'm not as dumb as I look. Now, what's the real reason you've decided to play hero and intervene? Ink and the others told me you have a record of trying to destroy other AU's, so why is this time any different?"

Error by default shut his trap, hesitation clearly evident from his silence.

You jerked your head forward and crossed your arms, gesturing for him to speak. "Well?"

In irritation, he clicked his... tongue?

"The hybrid is not only destroying the natural course of the timelines, but time and space between interdimensions, AU's. If we don't catch them, they could cause a complete tear through everything we know. People who existed now could not exist at all, fate could be altered. Time itself would be broken and everything would merge into one causing disruption and inbalance," he explained swiftly. "Though I do enjoy causing mischief every now and then, I know my limits. That hybrid, however, does not."

"Then why bother?"

"There is no other greater torment than being without others," Error remarked, tone soft with a hint of regret. "I learned that a very... very long time ago."

There it was again, that arrow of sympathy that hit you. Damn you're such a softie.

"I think you've explained plenty enough for me to understand, thank you for that. Come on, let's go get you something to eat. Are you hungry for anything in particular?" You crack a small smile and get up from your seat.

Error pauses, a frown on his teeth as he shifts in his bed.

You give him a confused look. Was it something you had said?

He turned his dots away from you and a strange yellow hue began to radiate from his black, blue tear-stained cheekbones.

"Do you have dark chocolate?" he asked.

"I can go check. Do you want to come with me?" You point over your shoulder to the door. (*Wiggles le eyebrows*)

(⁠┛⁠ಸ⁠_⁠ಸ⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻。⁠.゚⁠+⁠ ⁠⟵⁠(⁠。⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠)

ರ⁠_⁠ರ Tf-

Author-chan, no. Just stop. Must you be so dirty minded? You thought.

(⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠) The world made me this way, what are you talking about?

*BLOOP*

Anyways-

"I don't think I'm allowed out without getting tackled to the ground like a wild animal," he sighed. You walked over to the door and wrapped your palm around the knob, twisting the circular handle from it's lock.

"Not with me around they won't," You grinned, opening the door. "Trust me."

Cautiously, Error gets up from his bed and follows after you down the hallway.

~ Time Skip ~ Brought to you by the breaking of the fourth wall ~ ༼⁠;⁠'⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽

You sat on the couch with the rest of the guys, looking amusedly to the relaxed skeleton eating chocolate. This was his sixth bar.

He was honestly addicted.

"Wow, you've got chocolate?! Can I have some?!" Blue asked excitedly, hopping up and down.

"No, go get your own," Error hissed.

Blue's smiled curved downward and you put a hand on his shoulder, forcing a sweet smile. "What he means to say is that there's not enough for the two of you, but there is another chocolate bar in the fridge. You should go get it."

Blue's frown immediately turns upside down and he beams brightly again. You mentally wipe the sweat from your brow. Phew.

"Oh, why thank you human! I'll go get some right now!" He zoomed out of the living room as usual and you shot Error a quick glare to which he ignored with fault.

"You can't just say things like that y'know? You have to be caring of other people's feelings to, especially the ones close to you," you retorted.

Error shrugs. "Not my problem. It's not like I'm friends with any of you anyways."

You grin. "Says the one with a chocolate addiction."

"It's a treat, not an addiction. I can treat myself can't I?"

"I'm the one who gave it to you."

"And, I'm the one who told you everything you wanted to know."

You clicked your tongue at the fact he was annoyingly right. "Fair enough, smart ass. But, if you don't want the guys hating you, you've got to at least learn some basic common courtesy."

"What do I get in return?"

"Oblivously more chocolate, man. Deal?" You grinned and put forth your hand for him to shake. Error looks at you as if your completely insane, you waiting patiently for his physical response.

He looks back at the tv and takes a bite out of his chocolate bar. "I don't like physical contact, so don't bother."

You retracted your hand back but kept your passive optimistic grin displayed for show. "Okay then, a deal it is! We've got a long to go!"

Error gives you a side glance, simply rolling his dots once more.

He's not what he seems, but he definitely needs improvement in the department of social skills and politeness.