Chapter 3

So many thoughts were pounding in my head. Will Taylor tell Danielle? Does Danielle already know? Am I making too big of a deal out of this? I gulped and began speaking.

"I am Malika, but you knew that. I spend my days modeling, going to school, and hanging out with these weirdos." I motioned to everyone in the circle.

Taylor smiled.  I nodded, and then proceeded.

"So, this is going to sound weird as hell, but I made a promise to Liam Payne in sixth grade. A promise to marry him when we are 20 years old. I know how stupid it sounds. Anyway,  I am currently nineteen, but he is engaged to Danielle. I am embarrassed to say that I always wear this ring to prove that he promised, but I doubt he wears his, and I doubt he even remembers me. Part of me wants him to remember things and part of me doesn't."

I finished, smoothing my skirt, and we all just sat there.

We all were silent and motionless for a moment, but then Taylor moved. She took my hand, examined the ring, and then spoke.

"Liam still wears a ring like that." she delicately dropped my hand, and we stayed in a circle.

I stared intently at my ring. The words 'Liam still wears a ring like that,' rang in my ears. He hasn't given up, has he? I hope not.

Grace was obviously hungry and went to the fridge. She pulled out a tub of ice-cream for each of us, pretty much the only food in our entire house.

"Let's eat our feelings!" exclaimed Grace and we all nodded. Alex snatched the spoons and passed them around. We each had a tub of our favorite ice-cream, and had our eyes glued to the TV. The Grammy's were on and we took turns from pointing out celebrities to shoveling ice-cream in our mouths.

We were all disappointed that One Direction wasn't nominated, but we were excited they were presenting. When we saw them posing for pictures on the red carpet, we all started screaming, even those of the girls with their mouths full were screaming, mocking the fan girls.

They posed for pictures, and then came to one of the interviewers.

"And here is One Direction!" she exclaimed.

"Hello, we are One Direction!" they said in unison.

We screamed obnoxiously, liked crazed fangirls. Despite our jokes, we actually are some of their biggest fans; we love them.

The boys told the announcer what they were wearing, and then they did the "Mani Cam" where they showed off their rings or nails. Harry and Louis walked their fingers down the mini red carpet, then Zayn and Niall, and last Liam.

Zayn, Niall, Harry, and Louis' fingers were all bare, but Liam had a ring. A plastic ring, that looked like mine. We all sat in shocked silence.

"Now Liam, where did you get that ring?" asked the interviewer, clearly interested.

"My future wife has the same ring as well; we made a promise to get married." Liam turned towards the camera. "Malika, I hope you are watching this and wearing your ring as well," he said with a wave.

I dropped my spoon, and it clattered on the hard wood.

"Now Liam, I thought you were engaged to Danielle Peazer?" she asked.

Liam couldn't form words for a moment. "Danielle, yes I love her, and some promises just have to be broken," he said, taking off the ring, and slipping it in his pocket.

Harsh.

With that he walked away, leaving the other boys to speak for him. Harry took the reins and told her how they were very excited to present the awards, and giving some info about their tour coming up.

Meanwhile, I was trying to swallow the tears that were welling up in my eyes. What did I expect? We made that stupid promise when we were 12. Trying to cover up my emotions, but failing, I took my ice-cream and went to my room, slamming the door, and then proceeded to cry my eyes out. I told myself I wanted nothing to do with him at this point. He shattered my heart. What the hell? Why was he being such a jerk? What did I do to him? I wasn't the one who found a shiny new girlfriend. I wasn't the one who replaced my childhood sweetheart.

I wasn't the one who broke a promise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
12/22/15: Edited!!
A/N:

So this is the 3rd chapter.

How do you guys like it?

So 3 votes and 4 comments until I update!

Read

Vote

Add to Your Library

Recommend to others

Comment

Follow!

Thanks so much!!

~Abby xx

Okay whoever guesses this  line gets a dedication.

"The seamonkey stole my money.."

What movie is that from? Whoever guess first gets the dedication!