Chapter 18

A/N:  for some reason wattpad posted this twice but both chapter 18's are updated 12/30/15. they're both the same

The unbearable repetitive beep of my alarm clock woke me up. It was a frigid morning for Cali, even though it was four in the morning. I rolled out of my peaceful doze, and got ready. I changed into the designated swimsuit for the sunrise shoot, and moved on to my makeup. Every day I am modeling this week, I was told just to remove my makeup, and go without. I always wore sunglasses too.

I quickly changed, and then Alicia and I shared a ride to the shoot. The rest of the girls wanted to stay with me the whole time, and let's just say that Grace can get anyone to give her anything she wants. She's very good at convincing.

We would shoot all day today, and then pick out one photo from all the time we took pictures to put on the calendar.

We pulled up to the beach, and I got on my sweatshirt that had my college's logo on it. The stylists quickly did my hair and makeup as I waited.

I was shivering, and Alicia wrapped me in a blanket. I just had to sit there and wait while the other girls got their picture taken. Since I was May, I had four months or girls ahead of me. I was just lucky I wasn't December.

Eventually, after fifteen minutes, I was up. I yanked off my sweatshirt and blanket, and then quickly scampered in front of the cameras. I posed and they snapped picture after picture. I was soon finished, and very cold, although it was warming up gradually.

Once that was over I scuttled to the car, and turned on my seat warmer. I cranked the heat, and then the radio. Immediately, When I Was Your Man came on. I instantly thought of Taylor. That was our song. We always screamed-sang it.

So I belted the words, and all the other models that weren't posing joined in. We had a "choir."

After the song, the sun rose and all the models were finished taking pictures. We had a fifteen minute break, and we could swim as long as our hair and makeup remained how it was. So, naturally, all of us waded into the ocean, and playfully splashed each other.

This went on for about 7ish minutes, and then I got dunked underwater. And was held there. Eventually, I popped up gasping for air, and was enraged. I was absolutely furious. I turned around, and I was in the center of a group of girls. One half of the girls were absolutely shocked, the others were trying to obscure their laughter.

"Guys! What the hell is wrong with you!" I shrieked, dashing out of the water, running to hair and makeup. I toweled off my hair, and had it blow-dried while someone else was trying to salvage what was left of my makeup. After 30 seconds of dabbing my face, they realized just to scrap the old, smeared makeup.

My makeup was done to perfection, and my hair was back to normal within ten minutes. The model for March was busy smiling for the cameras; meanwhile I walked straight up to the girls.

"What the heck? I wasn't supposed to go under the water!" I yelled, scolding them.

'Not my problem," retorted Grace, walking away, snapping holding her pointer finger up as she walked.

Alex wrapped me in one of her signature hugs, and eventually there was one big group hug. Even Grace joined.

"Malika Smith! Get your butt in gear, we don't have time to lose!" yelled my manager.

I sighed, and then ran over to the beach. I was instructed on how to pose, and then smiled, almost getting blinded by the flash.

Afterward, we went out for lunch, and then got the rest of the day off.