Chapter 4

The next morning I woke up refreshed. It always makes my pores feel clear after I cry.

The sun drowned my room, and I welcomed it with out-stretched arms. Today was a new day. I was headed to my first photo-shoot for Forever 21. I was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement, despite the fact it was 6:30am.

I hopped in the shower, one of two in the entire sorority. Most mornings were nightmares considering the amount of showers was less than half the girls living in the house.

Luckily, nobody else was awake yet. I enjoyed the morning shower as the scalding water cascaded down my body, and woke me up. I washed my hair and body thoroughly and then hopped out, wrapping a towel around my body and my hair.

I snatched my iPod from my room, and put it on the dock in the bathroom. It perched peacefully as I blasted Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. None of the other girls were awake before I blasted it, so I earned some death stares and a death threat from Grace. I knew she was kidding, but she loves her sleep. Don't we all.

Anyway, the rest of the girls were up and we started rapping and singing and mimicking the little kid's voice. The next song that came on was When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. We all sung along on-key or off-key but this song all meant something to us. Whether we could relate to it or not, it was a great song to sing near Valentine's Day. Oh my god, Valentine's Day is in a week. A little, measly week. The thought made me feel queasy.

I whipped a brush through my hair and threw on a baseball tee and some jeans and headed out. I got in my car and sped off to the agency.

Once I got there, I was whisked off to hair and make-up. They did a great job, although I don't know what they did. I was too busy texting Alex and Taylor.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I was handed clothes to change into and lead to my dressing room. It was from Taylor.

To: Lika ;)

From: Taaaaaaaylor :D

Message:

A close friend of mine is comin over tonite! I think youll get along great😏

To: Taaaaaaaylor :D

From: Lika ;)

Message: Can't wait😬

And with that I was rushed to go stand in front of a white backdrop and pose. I was modeling a comfy pullover for their website. I posed facing the camera. It is very hard to find what kind of look you want to have at the camera, because generally you don't smile. But once you find it it's easy to maintain. I was instructed to turn around, so they could get a back view of the sweater. I had to do this many times for a plethora of outfits.

After a long day, I headed home in my original clothes. I walked in only to find all of the girls on or near the couch, crowding around this "close friend of Taylor's"

I stopped dead in my tracks. I think I knew who it was.

____________________________________________________________________________________
12/23/15: updated!
A/N: Cliff-hanger! Mwahahaha! Sorry I am so evil.

Read,

Vote,

Comment,

Add to Your Reading List

Recommend to others

2 votes and 3 comments before I update!

Whoever guesses what movie this line is from gets a dedication!

"'Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."