Chapter 11

I frantically searched around the room for any clue to what the girls were thinking. Danielle was beaming ear to ear. I tapped my fingers on the table, and bit my lip. All I wanted was to get Liam back. But did I really want to ruin Danielle's chance at happiness?

The girls exchanged glances with me and then they all said yes in unison. I meekly nodded, tears pricking in my eyes; I had to excuse myself. I went into the bathroom to fix my makeup and to take a deep breath. I was furious at myself for still loving him. He betrayed me, and I just had to let it go. Liam already broke the promise and we are friends. I needed to be supportive of his decisions, no matter how much it broke me inside.

I took a minute to collect myself, and the meanwhile I could hear them talking.

"Did I strike a nerve there?" asked Danielle, full of concern.

"Don't worry about it, she's fine," replied Alex briefly, and I could tell the others nodded.

I slipped back into the room to and said with my perkiest voice "We would love to be your bridesmaids!"

I hope I didn't sound too fake. I really wanted to be happy for Danielle and Liam.

She smiled warmly and then gave me a hug. "Thank you," Danielle whispered, engraving small circles on my back with her hand. I habitually bit my lip to avoid any kind of tears.

Danielle began tittering again. "So can you guys help me with the wedding? I am getting a wedding planner but people will need to help me make sure the stuff gets to the wedding, and pick out the dresses and stuff like that," she explained, her mouth moving a mile a minute.

The girls nodded eagerly. She grinned, clapped her hands together and then her and Eden exited the flat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I decided to call Niall, and get all this of my chest, and also to sort everything out.

"Hey Niall, can you come over?" I asked. I wanted to sound nonchalant but probably ended up sounding like a whiny little kid.

"Sure. Be there in 10." With that he hung up and I flipped on the TV and got on some yoga pants and a flowy tank top pajama shirt. I didn't care what Niall saw me wearing.

Soon enough the doorbell rang and I saw Niall, fidgeting with his hands in his pockets. He snapped his head up and when he met my eyes he proceeded to hug me. He swept me up in a bear hug and then flung me on the couch.

"Damn Niall. Did you have a Redbull before you came here? And shut my door!" I requested, combing my fingers through my hair.

Niall chuckled and plopped on the couch beside me after following my request of shutting the door.

"So, I'm going to throw this all out in the open, do you like me that way or not?" said Niall, and I froze, and then took a seat next to him on the couch.

"Well...I like you, but," I paused. Niall's face fell. I didn't know how to finish my sentence let alone look at the amount of disappointment in Niall's eyes right now.

"But what?" Niall demanded, his demeanor changing from warm and inviting to cold and distant.

I digressed. "But, I'm just not over Liam yet." I choked, feeling pathetic.

Niall shot an angry glance at me, his eyes digging into my skin like knives.

"I'm sorry, I know it's stupid. I'm trying as hard as I can to change the way I feel but I can't. I know it's wrong for me to love him still. He's engaged and-"