Chapter 6

After letting my feelings get to me, I was crushed. Betrayed. No words could describe how I felt. I wanted to get revenge. How could he just discard me like that?

I was the only one awake, and none of the others were early birds. I decided to go on a run around the city. At this point, I didn't care if I ditched class.

I threw on some black running shorts and a Nike tee with their signature "swoosh." I threw my hair up in a high ponytail and dabbed on a light coat of make-up. I wrote a note about where I was going to be, and then I laced up my tennis shoes. I dashed out the door into the crisp fall air.

The breeze felt nice as I jogged into the city. Suddenly, I came up on a large crowd of reporters and people, blocking my way. My eye-sight weakened every camera flash, as I made my way to the front of the swarm of people. Liam and none other than Danielle Peazer were sitting on a drab park bench, just looking into each other's eyes. The crowd fell silent when he got down on one knee. Danielle started to tear up. I had the nerve to ruin the moment, but I wouldn't.

Liam spoke to Danielle. "Dani, I love you, and the years we've been together have been absolutely brilliant."

I cringed. He used to call me brilliant.

"So Dani, what I am trying to say is...Danielle Claire Peazer, will you marry me?"

I felt as if I had been stabbed in the chest. After the promise and everything. Liam isn't this kind of person. This isn't the Liam I know and love. Not even close.

After she said yes and the crowd went wild, and then dispersed, I went to find one of his band members that could tell me what the hell just happened.

I came up to an Irish boy I recognized. "Niall, right?" I asked, tapping him on the shoulder. I didn't have to ask who he was, but I had no other way of approaching him.

"Yes, and what might your name be?" he replied in his thick, Irish accent. It made my heart melt.

"Malika and Liam mentioned me at the Grammy's," I trailed off, my eyes darting to my shoes.

He encompassed me in an embrace. This one hug seemed to pull all my emotions in so I felt focused. We remained in the hug for about a minute.

"Liam was being a jerk then, and then he goes and proposes to Danielle. Major jerk." I could tell it was hard for Niall to call his best friend a major jerk to a girl he had just met. His words were choppy and awkward. I knew though, he wouldn't be saying it if he didn't think it.

"Anyway, I was wondering if I could like talk to him, I mean I don't want to interrupt his coupleyness with Danielle. Well..." I trailed off.

"It's alright, love, I'll get him away from her," Niall said, going to create a distraction. I thanked him, and was eyeing Liam.

Danielle went off somewhere, and now was my chance.

"Hey, Liam, long time no see," I said, shoving the ring in my pocket.

"Malika! I haven't seen you in years!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me like it was no problem he broke the biggest promise I have ever made. No problem at all.

"Yeah it doesn't seem like you've ever given an effort... to keep in touch," I replied, twisting out of his hug.

"I am so sorry about that, One Direction took off and I well... you saw the whole Danielle thing, right?" he asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Yes, do you remember the 6th grade at all Liam?" I asked, tapping my foot.

He sighed, and there was a long pause.

"Yeah... is that still...active?" he asked sheepishly. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Oh no. It's not like I have waited 19 years for this opportunity, and I am willing to wait one more. It's not like I love you, Liam. It's not like I think about you every day or anything. And of course you never considered my feelings about this. I mean, you didn't even care about our friendship let alone the promise to call me ever. No, you are this celebrity now and you don't think of others. Go ahead; break the promise, all this is water under the bridge now!" I yelled my lungs out on the last sentence and then stormed off, leaving a confused Liam standing in the middle of the park. Alone.

____________________________________________________________________________________
12/24/15: updated! Merry Christmas Eve!

A/N:

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the positive feedback! I love you all! So yes, this is sorta a cliff-hanger, because you don't know how Liam is going to react... Mwahahaha! Anyway 3 votes and 3 comments before I update! So Read, Vote, Comment, Follow (me) add to your Reading List, and I think that's it! Xx

~Abby