Chapter 26 (3rd Person POV)

I recommend listening to Moments by One Direction while reading this chapter.

*^*^*^*^*^*^Recap*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Do you guys know ANYONE with Niall's blood type?" Malika demanded.

Everyone shook their heads, and tears stung Malika's eyes.

"Nobody? Are you sure?"

"I wish we did but we don't," said Grace.

Malika sobbed and the girls came to comfort her.

"Maybe we just have to tell the fans. Niall can't suffer any-"

"Wait," whispered Liam. Everyone's eyes darted to him.

"Who?!" Malika exclaimed.

"Me, I have Niall's blood type."

*^*^*^*^*^*^End of Recap*^*^*^*^*^*^

"What!!?"

"So I am going to donate my liver, even though it means I will die. People shouldn't donate part of their liver if they have only one fully-functional kidney. There is a chance I will live, but I want Niall to live over me."

Malika stood there with her mouth opened.

"Liam! No!" shrieked Danielle.

"It's for the best," Liam said.

"We can't," corrected Zayn.

Malika nodded in agreement. "You can't do this Liam."

"I want to, Malika. You love Niall."

"I love you too, just in a different way. As a friend. Liam, I know Niall and I would both rather tell the fans then have you risk your life doing this."

"There's nothing you can do to change my mind."

Malika began to protest but Danielle stopped me by holding up a lone finger.

She nodded somberly. "Thank you so much Liam." Malika told him sincerely. She wrapped him in a hug, and he hugged back.

"You really don't have to do this," Malika told him.

"I know, but I'm going to."

Malika squeezed his hand before he went into Niall's room.

"Nialler?" Malika whispered. He struggled to sit up.

"Malika?" he squawked in return.

"We found a donor, and it's someone who is giving up their liver because they want you to be alive, not just to keep the band together."

"Who?"

"Liam."

"Why would Liam do that? He knows he can DIE, right?"

"Yeah, he wants you to be alive over him. He's really brave."

"I agree, but I can't let him go through with this so easily. I need to talk to him."

Malika then beckoned Liam to the room and stood outside while Niall and Liam conversed. Their conversation was faint and the others couldn't hear anything. Although they know this was important to both of them. After a couple of hours Malika dozed off and so did the others to the faint light emerging from Niall's hospital room.

The next morning the surgeon told the gang that they could take Niall home for the day, and they would have to be back tomorrow night for the surgery. Liam however had to stay to get prepped for his surgery.