Chapter 17

<><><>Malika's POV<><><>

When I returned to the hotel I was exhausted. Since I had to get up early tomorrow, I decided to go to bed. I got in the shower, and let the scalding water pour down on me. It was very refreshing. I changed into some sweatpants and a T-shirt and crawled under the covers. I pulled out my phone and began to check messages.

I received a bunch of "I miss youuuus! Xx" from the girls, from Conor and Nico were some "How's my fav red-head?" but from Louis, Harry, Niall and Zayn I had some pretty odd texts.

For example, here is one from Zayn, and the rest of the boys said close to, if not the same thing.

To: Malika

From: Zayn

Message:

Hey, Lika. So this may be sudden, but Liam is missing... so if you see him let us know. Thanks, love.

*^*^*^*^*^

Zayn

I sat up instantaneously. "Liam!" I shouted, storming over to his room. I was still confused about this whole thing and the fact that Liam didn't even tell his friends about his little vacation made me furious.

He opened the door, and I allowed myself in. I slammed the door behind me, and started to scold him.

"Liam James Payne! You ran away from all of your friends!"

He appeared shocked, and then looked away from me.

I put my hands on my hands on my hips, and demanded an answer.

"I...I just needed a break from reality," he replied.

"Liam! Call them right now and tell them where you are or so help me-" I was cut off by him kissing me.

"What was that?" I asked angrily.

"I like you," he replied.

"Liam! If you like me, break it off with Danielle, if you don't like me, just leave. You're so confusing! You treat me like a charity case because you feel bad for me yet you run away from everyone to see me! You're a grown adult, an engaged grown adult! You need to figure yourself out!" My voice was shaky at this point.

"Go marry her," I said softly, plodding out of the room.

"Fine! I will marry her! You meant nothing to me!" Liam called out after me. I ran to my room, and ducked back under the covers, and wanted to cry, but didn't.

I decided to Face-Time Niall.

"Malika! Where are you?" he asked.

"California, duh," I replied with a chuckle.

Niall smirked, and then he saw the sadness in my eyes, and his face fell.

I explained to him what happened, and he nodded in understanding, and told the others that Liam was okay.

'But Liam really isn't okay' I thought to myself. Liam wouldn't be okay, if he said he didn't care about me.

I let that sink in, and then Niall returned to the Face-Time call.

"So how's Cali?" he asked. That cheered me up.

"Oh it's great! I have been hanging out with this girl Alicia, and things are great! How's home?"

"Oh ya know, it's just England. It's not the same without you here though," said Niall, winking at me.

"I miss you so much," I replied, my heart aching for Niall.

"I miss you too, love."

We talked for a while, but I grew tired, so we said our goodbyes, and I went to bed.

The next morning, I had little time to get ready, so I quickly got into my swimsuit, brushed my hair, and headed down to the beach we rented. Once I got there, I was greeted by Alicia, and my manager. Then, I was rushed to the people who did hair and makeup. They did a phenomenal job. I looked like I had been spending all day at the beach, minus the mascara residue under my eyes and the sunburnt face.

I posed on the beach standing, lying in the sand, and in other positions that didn't feel natural, but I knew that's what looked good in pictures. After a multitude of pictures it was another model's turn to strike a pose. After that, we moved to a different venue, to take pictures with the sunset as a background.

"Okay people we have very limited time, so let's take the perfect picture!"

Each model got two-four minutes and then the next model had to pose for the camera. Once we were finished the sun dipped behind the horizon, and the once warm and sunny California became cold and dark.

We rushed back to the hotel, and then went our separate ways to our individual hotel room.

I stuck the key into the scanner thingy and I was greeted with 5 girls yelling "SURPRISE!" in unison.

I jumped up, scared at first, but when the 5 girls wrapped me into a hug, I wasn't anymore. Rose, Grace, Alex, Taylor, and Makayla were all here.

"Hey guys, I don't have any room in my hotel room, so I hope you rented one," I said.

"Hello to you to," retorted Alex.

I smirked, and then we talked for a while, and then they returned to the hotel room they rented. After I checked my texts, I put my phone under my pillow, and came across a piece of paper.

I unfolded it and read it.

Malika-

I am so sorry for freaking out at you. I still care about you, but my heart belongs to Danielle. Please forgive me...Please.

-Liam

PS I returned home.

That was nice that he apologized, but as far as I am concerned, I am still crashing his wedding.

The next morning I took more pictures and then came my day off, and I spent it with the girls and Alicia. I acquainted everyone with Alicia, and they all became best friends instantly. We spent the day at the beach, and I showed everyone the cliff. Of course, Grace did a flip of the cliff her first time, and landed perfectly.

So it turns out that the girls were only staying until the day after tomorrow, because, well...let's face it...my manager isn't that nice.

We spent the whole day catching up, telling jokes, and enjoying each other's company. We all decided to go for a drive along the coast and what do ya know, California Girls by Katy Perry. Grace started dancing, and when we tried to, she would slap us. Hard.

So we let her have her moment.

With that final note she struck a finishing pose, and I clapped, then gave her a little shove. She lost her balance, and almost fell out of the car. I caught her, and then said "Saved your life," as she shot me a death glare.

Oh how I love my friends.

____________________________________________________________________________________
12/30/15: updated!!
A/N:

Sorry I didnt update yesterday for a second time. I was going to but I had so much homework to catch up on. Anywho, read, vote, comment, follow or fan, add to your reading list, and ya.

***5 votes and 5 comments till I update next***

Here is the line! Its from a movie (a classic I might add) "If you live to 100 I want to live to 100 minus a day so I never live without you"

Hehe cute, right.

I hope this was looooong...

Thanks!

Abby