Chapter 24

A/N: Will try my hardest to update Friday, if I can't then I will update next Saturday or Sunday. Love you guys thanks for the 200 follwers! Please vote and comment on this chapter like crazy! I REALLY want to know what you think of it -Abby Sorry its short 12/30/15: updated!

I was shocked at first, and a bit confused. Liam has always been the love of my life...but that dream meant something.

Then, it hit me. I didn't need Liam to be happy. I had a spectacular guy standing right in front of me, who loved me for me. Someone I didn't have to chase, someone who is made for me. If I didn't lose him. While Niall sat back, helping me with my plan it occurred to me why he did it, he loved me. He loved me for who I was, some broken girl who wanted revenge.

"Niall." I whispered.

It was Niall. I had Niall. He made me happy.

I got up, and ran towards the chapel. I was searching for Niall. I needed to tell him how I felt.

I saw him sitting at the top of the hill, looking very depressed. His head was in his hands, and he wasn't moving. When he was moving his movements were very choppy. I could tell he was upset.

"Niall!" I shrieked, sprinting towards him. My tattered dress fluttered in the air.

"Malika?" he asked.

I ran, and took a seat next to him. He looked sad and sick. "Sick?" I pondered in my head.

"Niall, I have to tell you something. I love you. You made me realize that I don't need Liam to be happy. I am so sorry I didn't realize it before. I'm an awful person. Yet you loved me through it, through all my flaws and mistakes, you loved me anyway. I'm so sorry that I haven't been treating you how you deserve. I love you. And I'm so sorry for everything I have done."

Niall looked at me and smiled hopefully.

I love you Malika. You and all you're crazy plans, the way your eyes light up when you're excited about something you love. The way you furrow your eyebrows and pout when you pretend to be mad at me. I love the way you consider everything make everything so important to you. I love you," croaked Niall hopefully.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"Are you sick?" I asked, worried

"I guess I should explain..." he mumbled. I made sure to listen extra carefully.

"I have liver cancer. I have been losing a lot of weight without trying, and am just naturally weak. I was diagnosed a couple days ago with Stage 3 liver cancer."

"Oh Niall!" I sobbed. I wrapped him in a delicate hug.

"I just didn't want to get everyone down before the wedding. You are the first person I am telling about this." He was getting choked up as well.

"How long are you going to live? Niall, I c-can't live without you."

"They are getting me in for treatment in a week, and if it doesn't kill the cancer cells, I have to get a liver transplant. But, I have a very rare type of blood, and the donor must have the same blood in order to have the transplant done."

"W-What if the treatment doesn't work, and-and there is no donors?"

Niall gave me a melancholy look. I nestled my head into the crook of Niall's neck, and the tears started eddying down my cheek.

"It's okay, God gives his toughest challenges to his toughest worries." Niall reassured me.

I gave him a weak smile, and he smiled weakly back. We laid like that for hours, until dark when we eventually fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to Niall still sleeping. I heard his heart beating in his chest, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard. Oh, take me back to the start," I choked out. I started to bawl again, still trying to sing the lyrics of this song. (The Scientist by Coldplay)

God gives his toughest challenges to his toughest warriors. If Niall can't handle this, than God wouldn't give Niall this setback if he couldn't overcome it, would he?