Chapter 15

Beep! Beep! Beep, Beep, Beep! My alarm clock shrilled an unbearable racket that forced me out of my slumber, and made me get prepared for school.

"Oh lord," I mumbled, expressing my utter hatred towards mornings. I was laying out today's outfit. It consisted of a black skater skirt, and an aqua crop top. After that was done I hopped through the shower. Then, I put my hair in a bun, using an aqua bandana. I peppered on some shimmer neutral eyeshadow, a thin line of gel eyeliner and brushed on some mascara. I sprinkled on some pink blush, ever so lightly, and then headed downstairs.

Since no one else was awake at the moment, I decided to make myself a smoothie. I threw a banana, some strawberries, blueberries, some fruit juice, and ice. I turned the blender on high, and let all the food liquefy.

In about a minute to thirty seconds later, instead of miscellaneous foods being in the blender, I had a smoothie. I poured it into a water bottle, and slung my backpack on my back, grabbed my keys, and went on my way.

My first class was painting today. Conor and Nico were in my class, and we coincidentally sat by each other. So I could ask them about Alex and Rose.

"Conor! How are things with Rose?" I asked, waggling my eyebrows up and down.

"Good," he replied, getting to work on his abstract painting.

I turned to Nico, since he was on my left and Conor was on my right.

"Nica-Rica! How are things with Alex?" I asked, also waggling my eyebrows in the process.

"Good, Alex is awesome, things are good," he replied, painting something that I couldn't make out. He wasn't the best painter.

After a while of painting, I was at a decent stopping point, so I cleaned up. I put most of the supplies back where it belongs, and put my painting on the dryer rack, and returned to my stool. I saw that Nico was finished, and all cleaned up. I took my paintbrush, realizing that I hadn't put it away.

I stroked my brush across his face, getting pink paint all over his face.

A frown appeared on his face and I smiled, and batted my eyelashes.

"This. Means. War," he said, face red with anger. He grabbed his paintbrush and retaliated, flicking purple paint in my face.

I flicked back, and within a minute flat we were covered in paint

"Conor!" I shrieked, looking behind me.

He stood there, ready, paint brush in hand.

Conor globbed on some paint and flung it on Nico's face. He avenged, again, hitting Conor's cheek.

Right as that happened, Danielle sauntered in. She walked in the middle of our war, big mistake.

I accidentally nailed her. Right in the forehead.

"Oh My God!" shrieked Danielle. Blue paint, that stained unless you got it off quickly, which we had, but she didn't have the mind to. And then "maybe" on accident I flicked red paint on her pants. She blushed, covered it up and then just yelled at me.

"Why would you do this, Malika? I thought you were mature! I thought I could trust you!"

"I'm so sorry, Dani, here is a cloth, to get the paint off your face," I was begging for forgiveness just so I could screw her wedding up, again. I hope she accepted.

She threw the rag at my face, and then stormed out.

I scurried after her, and asked, "Do I still get to be your bridesmaid?" I asked. She looked at me, her eyes softened, and then she gave and wrapped me in a hug.