YOUR BEDROOM ♡

This is a very exciting time for me because we are getting an extension on our house! Also meaning that 1: my sisters and I are finally getting a dance room and 2: I'm getting my own bedroom!

I'm really excited because I've been wanting to decorate my own room for years and years!

And since I've been doing a lot of planning lately I was thinking about rooms and how they should be representing who you are.

To be honest, your chamber should be the one thing that should literally describe who you are. When people walk in, they should get an idea of the kind of person you really are.

And even if you already have your own room and your parent just won't let you like rearrange your room or let you repaint your walls, doesn't mean you cannot change the way your room looks.

Personalities change as you get older, and that means that your room from when you were 7, probably doesn't reflect who you are.

So here's some ways to redecorate your room:

1: GET INSPIRED!🌸🌸
What's your style? Who are you? You obviously need to first figure out your style and who you are before you start. Get a piece of paper and write down things about yourself. If you need a bit of help on what you could write, here's some things:

💕favourite colour:
💕either black or white to go with that colour:
💕hobbies:
💕personality at school:
💕personality at home:
💕favourite season:
💕favourite genre of books:
💕what career do you pursue for:
💕favourite quote:
💕celebrity crush:

2: SET OUT A PLAN:🌸🌸
You will need:
•2 pieces of paper
•a pencil
•a ruler

STEP 1: draw out your room plan:
First draw the outline of your room from a birds eye view and draw the walls on the outside.
STEP 2: draw the furni inside:
Draw it simply just so you know where everything is. If you need a reference look at different house plans.
STEP 3: on the other piece of paper, draw the same outline, but then rearrange the furniture.

You can even label some colours if you want to.

3: GET COLLAGE CRAZY! 🌸🌸
You can either do this step on the iPhone or with magazines, or with both.

This collage is basically a set of photos and pieces that you really like and that describe you.

ON PHONE:
use the app polyvore! Seriously it is the best thing to find the things you want! (My polyvore little collage is the image above)

WITH MAGAZINES:
You will need:
💕magazines
💕scissors
💕glue stick
💕paper

cut out pictures you like from the magazine and stick them randomly on the paper. It may look wierd as you start but trust me, by the end it will look amazing.

4: START LOOKING!🌸🌸
now that you have an idea of what you want your room to be like, look at online stores and their different room decor pieces. Remember the cheaper the better. Make sure you buy things that go with your room theme and that have a reflection of you.

Here are some things that you could look out for :

💕bed covers/duvets:
Try target! Seriously they have some great ones!
💕lamps:
💕pillows/throw pillows
💕candles:
💕Christmas lights:
Some Christmas lights come with different decor pieces! Eg lanterns
💕canvases
💕hooks
💕wooden letters
💕Mats/rugs
💕storage boxes
💕chalkboard or whiteboard:

5: ONLINE DIY'S: 🌸🌸
There are a million online DIY's out there. Some require you to buy stuff, but some are actually very useful as they use some of the things you would never use again.

Just search up bedroom DIY's on YouTube and you will find a wide variety! screenshot the ones you like so once you stop watching all of them, you can look back at the ones you like or might try!

6: CLEANING OUT YOUR ROOM:
This is something I actually regularly do as it's important to organise your room. Plus if you're redecorating, you need to clear the space. Here are some things I do to clean out my room:

💕get a rubbish bag and clear all of the rubbish in my room
💕clear the tabletops and wipe them down with a wipe
💕sort out the drawers one at a time and make a keep and throw out pile, being considerate and realistic of course. Plus this a good time to try everything on.
💕make sure everything is hung up neatly

7: MAKING/BUYING THE STUFF
make out a list of things you want, figuring out prices and stuff. This is also something worth saving for, which would make your parents appreciate and it'll show them you really want to get the stuff if you offer buying it yourself.

8: PUTTING THE STUFF IN:
Remember it's ok to replace things in your bedroom. If you feel that you need to get rid of some things as they don't do with your new things. Think long and hard about it, ask siblings if they want them and if not, ask your parents where you should put it.

9: there you go!
You've done it! Well done!

Follow my polyvore: lovealanaxx

Hope that you guys try these tips out and redecorate your rooms!

Not only does this help improve your room, but you can learn so much about you and your style!

Until next time, stay pretty!

Vote, comment and follow!

Love Alana xoxo