ORGANISING SUBJECTS ♡

Hey guys!! There is absolutely no exuse that could explain why I haven't been writing for so long. I guess I've Just had a lot of things going on! But it's been absolutely ages and I am now going to start posting regularly Like I used to! Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 30k views!! I love you guys so much!!!

Anyways here are some tips for organising your notebooks, folders and textbooks.

NOTEBOOK
1. New topic
For every new touch, make a page where it literally just has the title written on it with big letters in the centre of your page and highlight it. This just makes it neater and easier to see each new topic when you go back to revise!!

 This just makes it neater and easier to see each new topic when you go back to revise!!

2. Notes page/examples
For this page that has important examples or notes, highlight the title so that it stands out and is again easier to find when revising.
3. Tabs
For every new topic, put a tab on the top of the page so you can go back to it and find it easier. Also writing the topic on the tabs would make it easier to find them. Tabs are also good for novels for english and textbooks.

FOLDER
1. Worksheets
For all of the papers, worksheets,notes,tests,etc that you get for each topic, you should have a plastic pocket or two that they go specifically into. Then title them with a sticker or a title on a piece of paper you put on the front. This is perfect as it organises your papers so they're not all over the place and when you go back to revise for tests it's all in the one place. It's also a good idea to have a seperate plastic pocket for all of your homework sheets (if your teacher gives them)
TEXTBOOK
For your textbook, you should put tabs for each new topic or each chapter.

Also, if you're not going to sell your textbooks or you're just giving it to your younger siblings, you can highlight each new topic as well. Highlighting is an amazing way to find what you need to know. I recommend only highlighting titles and not text as it's pretty unnecessary and defeats the purpose of highlighting to me.

How to better understand topics:

answer textbook questions: extra practice will help you understand it better and will put it into your memory

go online- online activities and websites will definitely help you understand the topic better e.g for maths I use mathletics.com.au for extra help.

ask your teacher for help- honestly it's not even embarrassing and it is very beneficial to have one on one time with your teacher. And don't just say after 'yep I get it now' because if you really don't understand it tell him/her and they can make it easier to understand.

ask teacher for some worksheets- if your teacher is nice they may give you some extra worksheets for practice and help

look up online for worksheets- this is also a good way to be smart and to understand topics. This takes real initiative and you will thank yourself for this

get a tutor- if you really are struggling with the topic, whether you talk to your parents about getting a paid tutor or you just ask someone from school or someone from your family, it's a great way to get help. You could even ask one of the teachers at school or your teacher to tutor you after school or at a homework club.

go through the topic in small parts and try and fully understand each little bit- this is to get a thorough understanding and I find this very beneficial and an easy way to understand especially if you're a very slow learner and like to take things slow and steady. You need to do this in your own time

teach others- teaching others had been proven to help you better understand a topic. Either literally teach someone else, or pretend your teaching somebody younger, and explain it to them in the simplest way possible so they understand and then in the end, you will even understand it better.

And there it is!! I hope you guys find these tips useful because they certainly are useful to me!!! School only comes once in your life and you don't want to waste it on bad grades!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND IM
DEFINITELY GOING TO BE POSTING A LOT MORE!!

Until next time

Stay pretty

Alana xoxoxoxoxox