PICKING YOUR FRIENDS ♡

This is probably the best advice I'm ever going to give you because, I'm living in it now.

I had a best friend who was really close with me, but then we started hanging with the popular girls in our class and she was pushing herself in while pushing me out completely in the process.

The whole time I forgave her because I knew she was just trying to fit in with them and really wanted to be popular so I let it slide. Then suddenly she started not talking to me, ignoring me and really pushing me out of conversations. I hadn't sat next to her for 2 whole weeks.

For that reason, I was starting to see that maybe this is more than just wanting to be popular. Maybe she just doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. But I really needed to know for sure, you know I needed something that she would do that would set me off.

Then that something happened. We were in science. She came in a little late, and there were no seats next to the popular girls. The only seats left in class was an empty, lonely middle table or, a spare spot next to me. The friend who has been patient, been there through everything and has told you everything. She looked at her options, then gave me one look. One look so emotionless that I couldn't even tell you what was going through that stupid brain of hers. Her brain is stupid because she picked the empty middle table.

That definately defined it for me. That day, after it all happened I basically went home crying to my mum. It was the last day of term btw. She said you are making new friends and I was like I know.

Also I found my situation kind of ironic because my story "the makeover" is actually based on how I thought our friendship was going to go and so far, my story is actually coming true. Which will be good considering I can write very personally.

When I came back to school, I made friends with these amazing girls who have been just so kind to me and have accepted me into their group just amazingly.

Sure, I miss my old best friend and I'm sad and angry about what she did but at the same time I couldn't be happier. The universe wanted this whole thing to happen, because they knew it would be better for me if I made new friends. As my mum always says, it's a blessing in disguise. Always listen to the universe, it makes things happen to help you make the right decisions.

And there's simply only one thing I need to tell you in order to know how to make the right friend.

Don't worry about popularity or if they're considered a nerd or whatever.

Be friends with someone who looks out for you. Who keeps your secrets. Who will stick up for you. Who will love you endlessly. Who you can trust. And most importantly, who makes you happy.

If that doesn't sound like your friend, may I suggest you re think your friendship.

But don't worry if you're confused, the universe will always tell you.

It's always watching. It cares about you.

Until next time

Stay pretty

Alana xoxoxo