SCHOOL EVENTS ♡

Something that I always dread is school events.

And by school events, I mean like those days like athletics carnival, swimming carnival, e.t.c

I had my athletics carnival, and can I just say.

I actually had a pretty good time.

But I also had a lot of things I did wrong on the day and also it was cold so.

I didn't like the cold at all.

But seriously that day was very awkward for me because I most defiantly wasn't being myself at all.

Here's some things I was very self-conscious of:

##ALANAS INNER THOUGHTS##

•I hate my outfit
•everyone is judging my outfit
•omg my face is ugly
•fix that posture
•stop looking so awkward
•omg is my crush looking at me
•be cool, act popular
•you are pretty, you are pretty

Like honestly, this was a school event that you are supposed to enjoy and I ended up being more self conscious than I am at school.

So I've compiled a list of preparation for a school event so you can have a better time than me:

1. Get your outfit prepared
Honestly me feeling confident in my outfit helps me out a lot because I care a lot about what I wear. Usually I like to buy a new outfit so I feel like fresh and new. Even a new pair of shoes can tie me over.

2. Wear clothes that YOU feel comfortable in. Seriously I get that people don't like to wear leggings and stuff but seriously that doesn't mean you have to wear a fancy outfit. It's only a school event. Like literally my crush wore a soccer jacket with tracksuit pants and some nike runners and still looked hot af. And he would've been very comfortable that day.

3. Pretend nobody is watching you
I get it. It's very scary doing events and knowing that everyone can see you but so what. it's not like they're going to remember you when they get home. you just need to pretend that nobody is there. You cannot let you'd insecurities get in the way of your high school memories because you will regret that in the future and seriously who's gonna remember you totally coming last in 1500m accept for you?

4. BLOCK OUT YOUR CRUSH
Seriously today is not the day to be worrying about crushes. I know that when I know my crush is in the same area as me, the whole world around me just disappears. And I feel like he can hear everything I'm saying and that he's looking and judging me and, I really don't know I go into this wierd mode and I literally have to apologise to my friend later because I don't know what my body does to me. If my crush ever talked to me I would not want to know how I would act or what I would say. Seriously pretend like your crush is not there. just say 'He's gone, he's gone' and continue having fun!

And there's my tips to surviving school events.

It was basically how to survive athletics day but I mean I'm pretty sure those tips could be used for other school events as well.

Until next time

Stay pretty

Alana xoxo