POWER OF KINDNESS ♡

I have always believed that everyone in this world is born kind. Born innocent of all of the violence in the world.

But the cruel and destructive world turns some of those people into bad people. Bad people in terms of their actions. Those bad people are never bad on the inside though, no matter how crazy and deranged some of them might seem.

And they of course are bad on somewhat their choice, but mostly their experience. Their past. The place they live. The conditions they are in. The way people treat them. In my beliefs, everything happens for a reason. Every person is the way they are for a reason, and the events of everyday serve a purpose towards your future.

But although that sounds like some person has basically planned out our lives and exactly what happens in them, that's where the gift of the present comes in to place.

YOU have the power to change the future. You have the power to change someone's life. You have the ability to decide on your future. You can make a difference in this world, and influence people's lives in ways you would never of known.

Things as easy as a simple SMILE. A smile that can last only two seconds. A smile can change somebody's day. Can change somebody's life.

Imagine if someone was deciding on an issue like suicide, and was walking home from school the day they were going to go through with their devastating decision. People who commit suicide generally don't feel loved. They were walking home that day, and everyone who has made them feel the way they do just looks at them and smirks. They become definite that nobody loves them. But then, as they walk past this boy/girl who has such positivity beaming through them, and then admires them in awe, wishing they were happy at that moment. Then the boy/girl makes eye contact with them, lights up their eyes and smiles. Smiles and then continues on walking in the direction they were heading. The person who wants to commit suicide suddenly feels a warm feeling inside. It may not be enough of a factor to make them stop wanting to do it completely, but it could well surely be the one thing that brightens their day and stops this negative attitude towards themselves.

To think that we could save lives with just a smile? Wow. That's how powerful kindness is. Making people feel good about themselves. What's the point of insulting people, judging people and making people feel as though they don't belong? We are all humans on this earth together. We are all equal. Why would we want to be the thing that drives someone to feel like they are not worthy. Like they don't deserve to live on this earth. Why would we want to make anyone feel that way? I know that you definitely wouldn't want to feel that way.

And if a simple smile can save lives, imagine if you took just that step further. Imagine if you gave someone, let's say, a COMPLIMENT.

A smile can do wonders, but imagine how much more a compliment can do, plus adding a smile for extra positivity. You could not only be saving lives, but making their life now feel more important. Making them feel worthy.

I know that when a stranger compliments me on something of my physical appearance or my genuinity, I know they mean it. Strangers don't need to impress you. They probably most likely won't see you again in their life. Even those people in school you don't talk to that randomly give you a compliment, what they're saying is all true. They obviously have never really intended on being close to you, so they're not trying to gain anything from it. They are simply stating the facts, and brightening up your day.

Think about this. You come into school one day. You walk in just as normal, but you've changed something. You're wearing a New hairstyle, new makeup look, new bracelet, new shoes, new outfit, whatever it is you have renewed about yourself. Let's just say outfit. You come in an outfit that you feel very confident and happy in, plus comfortable. You were so excited to wear this outfit to school. You walk in and meet with your friends, and low and behold, BRANDS GALORE. Nike, adidas, Chanel, you name it. And they all look at your outfit in Judgement, as in saying that your outfit is a downgrade because it isn't expensive enough. You suddenly go from a good mood, to a pretty upset one. You feel gloomy because you now feel like everyone is judging your outfit, and everyone thinks you're a downgrade.

It comes to lunch and your almost on the verge of tears. You feel hopeless and want to change so badly because you suddenly hate your outfit, but can't because school keeps us in like prisoners. You walk and then suddenly a group of girls in the year above you walk past. You feel insecure and don't want them to look at you. Suddenly they stop Infront of you, and you suck on your breath, ready to take in the insults that are about to be hit. One girl steps forward, smiles at you, and says 'we were just admiring your outfit, you have such an amazing fashion sense, and you're so pretty!'

You cannot believe it! Older girls just complimented you on the outfit you loved, before people ruined it. You cannot keep the smile off your face, and thank them so much for their kindness, while also complimenting them back, because seriously they are deserving of one if they came up to you just to say that. Then you guys go your septerate ways.

And boom. Just like that. Your whole day transformed. Your gloomy mood turning into a really happy and excited one. You suddenly forget all of the negativity on you and remember only the positive. You suddenly feel so happy you can't even contain it.

And to think, that confrontation would have only been a maximum of one minute, more realistically 30 seconds. 30 seconds to turn someone's day and judgement of themselves around.

I hope you guys see now, just how much the world needs love. There are too many negative people these days, and not enough nice ones. If we keep up this negativity, the world will be at war. Not with countries, but with each other. With ourselves. We will be tearing each other apart by using harsh words, excluding, all of the things that make us feel like we don't belong.

So make the world a more happy, positive place for everyone and just spread the kindness around.

You never know just how many lives you could be saving, and how many people you could be changing.

SPREAD THE WORD. LESS WAR. MORE PEACE.

SPREAD THE LOVE!

Thank you for reading this!! This is something I am so passionate about. I hope this really makes you guys be more positive towards others, and also with yourselves.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 17k READS!! WORDS CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM!! It makes me so happy to know that I am helping you guys!!

Comment if you guys complimented someone after reading my book!! I'd love to know how it went!! Or if you smiled at someone who looked like they were having a bad day!!!

***

older Alana's comment:

This literally I still agree with and its still so true to this day!! Treat people how you want to be treated, that's all it is. Treat everyone as equals, and treat everyone with respect. You really don't know what's happening to someone behind closed doors, so don't be so quick to judge!

If someone in your life isn't treating you with kindness, then they don't need to be in your life, simple as that. Even if they have to be, you can take them out of your thoughts and value them less, so that their words and/or actions do not affect you anymore!!

Always reach out to people, we need to support each other in this world and love each other genuinely!! And also, it's important to love ourselves and to treat ourselves with the same respect we give others, if not more respect. 

Until next time

stay pretty 

Alana xoxoxoxoxoxoxo