DANCE: BALANCE ♕

Hey guys, so this chapter will be all about balancing in moves for dance!! This was requested so thank you for commenting!!

Also as a thank you for 8K views, I will let you guys follow my private Instagram account if you comment your names on this chapter. I will make my Instagram public as soon as this book gets to about say 50K which I'm sure it won't but hey, a girl can dream.

So anyways, let's get into it 💕

A lot of the time I see dancers perform awesome leg mounts and just amazing tricks, but the problem is that usually they can't hold it for that long or they jump and wobble during it. To me, someone who can hold it for a long time is more impressive than some bendy split someone can hold for two seconds.

So I'm known a lot for my balance in tricks. The tricks I balance in the best is a ponchè and in a leg hold.

So that's why I'm giving you guys my tips to working on your balance and also some tips in specific moves to help you hold them for longer.

Balance Tips-
After I stretch everyday, I usually like to do a lot of balance exercises. These exercises include-

•going into my pirouette position both in parallel and turned out and holding that on flat, relevè and also doing rises.
•Ron de jon's on lair (basically lifting your leg Infront and circling it to the back in the air)
•doing tilts and holding them
•holding my arabesque both on a flat foot and on relevè
•going into my splits slowly without hands
•holding leg mounts
•holding a ponchè

Now here are some balance tips in specific moves-

Leg Mount-
Start by pointing your foot Infront of you (tendu). Engage your core and focus only on your balance. Slowly bring the leg up, but don't bring your body down to grab it, leg the leg come to you. Once your knee is either at your hip or above you can then grab the leg with your hands and start to pull it up. Do not fully extend your leg to straight until you feel completely balanced and your core is tight. Once your leg is extended really try and stay still and you will see the more you do it the better you'll get and the longer you will hold it.

Ponchè
To practice getting into a ponchè without falling, go slowly into it and land touching the ground. Once you get the hang of going down slowly without loosing your balance then you can start touching the floor lighter until you don't need to use your hands anymore. Once you have mastered that, you can try and hold the ponchè. This is probably one of the hardest things in my opinion to balance. It just takes practice.

Some tips I have for while you are doing your dances either on stage or in class is to always keep on balance. Even when your walking around, you should still be pulling and really using your core to keep your body up and so that when you do moves your body will stay tight and you won't fall off balance.

Also my number one tip for doing a turn combo on stage is to be engaging your turning muscles before even stepping into the turn. Whether it's 8 counts before or 30. Your body needs time to be fully ready to have the muscles engaged for the turn.

And that's it!! I hope you dancers enjoyed and try and use my tips in your dancing! Please tell me if it works out because I'd really love to know!!

Plus just thank you guys for all of your support!!! I love coming home from a horrible day at school to your comments!! It makes me so happy that I'm helping you guys!!!!

Until next time

Stay pretty

Alana xoxoxoxoxox