Infinity: The Girl at the Café

This is part one of Infinity; Alex and Perrie series.
*+*

The rapid beeping of an alarm sends someone to stir from their long and well-deserved nap. Alex flutters his eyes open as he glances around the room. He is blindly turning off his alarm as he sheepishly looks at the time. Jumping at the sudden realization, he sits on his bed. He is ten minutes late for work. If he is late again, he could lose his job! Quickly getting out of bed, he falls face-first to the ground. The twisting of the blankets curled over his feet. Groaning, he sits up and untangles himself from the mantle.

It is only when you are mere seconds from a disaster that everything goes to shit... Sloppily putting on his button white t-shirt, suit coat, and tie. He slides over his suit pants before bringing his socks and shoes over. Putting his keys in his mouth, he went to the bathroom. Combing back his hair, he slides his phone inside his pocket. He doesn't have time for any extortionary breakfast, so he would need to see the lovely café near the business.

Heading out to his Nissan Maxima, he turns on the car before driving to the café. It isn't busy traffic when it is ten minutes later than usual. He needs some coffee and a bag of doughnuts. He is parking his car in front of the café. He glances up at the sign that states the name of the establishment.

Edwards's Café.

To his luck, it wasn't a massive line at that minute. There were only a handful of people waiting for their orders. But to his dismay, an indecisive person was at the cash register, thinking of what to get-growing impatient as the line wasn't moving. He was going to leave empty-handed when a blonde woman raised her hand, waving him over.

"Hey! I can help you!"

A wave of relief runs through him as he walks over to her. Looking down at her name tag to see her name is Perrie.

"Hi, Perrie, can I get a Mocha and doughnuts?"

She nods as she looks back at him. "What kind of doughnuts will it be today?"

"Probably the glazed chocolate ones," Alex responded as she walked over to get his drink set. She stole glances from him as she continued with his order. She couldn't understand what was happening to her when she saw him. He was in a suit and tie. Considering this entire city is booming with businesses. She guessed that he is part of a business. Returning with his drink, she sets it by the counter. Walking over to get his desired doughnuts.

"Okay. That'll be £2.50," Reaching into his wallet. He didn't have that little pounds, so he handed her a ten.

"Keep the change, love," His heart was speaking for him. Unexpectedly he said that and she blushed.

She stood still, staring into the man before her. His eyes shine brighter than the lights. Coming back to reality, she slowly passes the receipt to him. He quickly thanked her before making his way toward the door. Leaving behind any temptations the woman had to attract him.

Walking over to his car, he seats his doughnut bag on the top of the car. Opening the door, he puts his drink inside the car. Grabbing his doughnuts, he slides right in. Hearing the crunch of the receipt, he glances at it. Spotting the woman's name and number in pen on the back of the paper. He grins at her ways of communicating. Frowning when he realized he needed to get to work before it was too late. Eating a couple of doughnuts, he drinks a bit of coffee along the way.

Unexpected and late he was.

He is nearly 30 minutes late for work. It is hard trying to balance work, love, fun, and sleep in just a single life. Rushing over to his desk, he hears the paper move around in his pocket. He takes it out when he reaches his desk. Sitting down, he looks down at the receipt. About to enter the number, he heard the boss call after him.

He groans, already knowing he is going to be laid off. Molding his hands together on his desk. He covers his face. He can just find another job, not that bad...

He leaves the receipt on his desk before going to the boss's office.

It was just like a robot was telling him what he already knows. A monotone voice doesn't capture anything valuable from it. He won't be needing to wake up early anymore, that's for sure. Walking over to his desk, he grins. At least I still have her-... Where did the small receipt go?

Ready to let the tears roll down his face. He covers his face in defeat. He lost a perfect opportunity at love and his job. Sighing in defeat and taking all his belongings and going home.

During the time he had for himself, he decided to focus on himself. Resisting the term depression and focusing on his happiness. He distracted himself from the loss of his job by doing tricks with a football his dad bought him. It began as a simple hobble he did when he got home from walking to an adoration. He quickly became enamored with the sport. He loved it so much that he trusted his luck and decided to sign with Arsenal F.C. the next day.

He isn't mourning over his job.

He is ecstatic at scoring a contract with the football team. Celebrated with champagne and parties with his new teammates.

When he was solely thinking of future ideas. His feet brought him back to the café. The one that sought him when he was down in the dumps. It's been a couple of months since he's been there but he's been wanting to be back in the little tables and chairs. He walked over to the line and waited. Waited and waited but the blonde lassie, Perrie, never came out.

So he took matters into his own hands.

When he made it to the cashier. He prodded the lady about the blonde, Perrie, who worked here a couple of months ago.

"Oh, Perrie? Have you been living under a rock? She's in Paris doing a tour with her friends. Little Mix was the name."

She's a singer? Maybe it is for the best that we don't see eye to eye yet. She has a lot of years beyond her to party and enjoy life. Alex decided that in the future he would find her but for now. He just wanted to accumulate a lot of money before he could settle down and have a family. That blonde working at a café. He isn't going to forget it that easily. Every memory has a burning point. He held it for a long time and watched as it faded away in the wind.