Beam Me Up

This is Beam Me Up; Jade and Perrie series.
*+*

Wrapping my arms around Perrie, I squeezed her tight and brought myself closer to her. Curling my legs toward the sofa, I rested my head against her neck as I lean inward to her cheek. I move toward her and press a kiss on her face before snuggling my head on her shoulder. Hearing Perrie coo and move some of my hair out of my eyes. I look out the corner of my eyes to spot her grinning at me, purring softly at the relaxing movements of Perrie massaging my head. I unconsciously move toward her as I brush myself against her.  "How about we move to L.A.?" I whispered as I look up at her.

"Well, we have to think about the long term of living in a country where anything can go," Perrie spoke as she caress the little strands away from my cheek.

Humming in contentment, I stretch out on the sofa, making sure to cover all of Perrie's body with my body. Wrapping myself back against her, only this time I was the little spoon on the inside of the sofa. I turn to face her as I touch noses with her, "how about kids? I feel like you would do amazing carrying kids... our kids."

Closing my eyes against her, I suddenly felt her tense up against me. Something bothered her from what I said. Feeling her move away from me. I opened my eyes to find her sitting on the sofa. Her eyes diverted from me the second I glanced at her. Her once radiant smile was now covered by a gloomy frown. Her eyes were glossy as if she could crack at any second. Was it the kids? Did she not want kids? Geez, I should get a zipper to shut myself up sometimes.

Immediately bringing her into my arms, I kiss her shoulder as I rubbed her back. "Hey! It's fine. I should've asked before bringing up what I wanted..."

"No... you're fine. I know you've wanted kids. I should've known..." Perrie mumbled as she grimaces.

"Perrie..." I murmur as I caress her hair to the side. She turns to gaze at me before slowly bringing her head down to rest on my lap. She curled up beside me as she wrapped her hands against my legs. Rubbing her side as she continues to grasp the inner side of my leg. I rest my arm on her side.

"I can't have kids..."

Suddenly stopping when she spoke, I look down at her. She can't have kids... Crap! Did I forget about that surgery she had a couple of years back? Mentally slapping at myself for forgetting such important news. I watched as she stood up and sat beside me. Resting my hands against her lap. I open my mouth, "I'm sorry for asking, love... I-"

"It's my fault... I-" I sigh as I shook my head. I stopped her from continuing. Pressing my lips against hers as I wrap my arms around her. I pull her back into my embrace.

"Denying it isn't going to help." Humming as I gaze into her teary eyes. Seeing her this worried and frightened over kids might make me reconsider asking ever again. Grasping her hands into mine, I kissed them. "It's better to look at the future possibilities, babe. We can adopt kids. I can try to carry our kids. It's not just you, okay? I'm sorry if I made it seem you had to carry them..."

Perrie smiled at me before resting her head against my shoulder.