December 25, 2020

This is December 25, 2020; Jade and Perrie oneshot.
*+*

It was the first year we were celebrating Christmas in our own home, and not in some lousy apartment. I glanced over at my wife beside me in bed, still asleep. Her golden hair is tied back into a low bun. Smiling, I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to do my business and hair. After putting my hair up in a ponytail, I walked out of the room and down the hallway into the living room. I took a step back to admire the view and the lovely tree we decorated the past week and a half. It was everything we ever needed. It filled that empty void that the small apartment couldn't. Kneeling to pet Perrie's Pomeranian and shorthair kitty. I turned and made my way to the kitchen to get started with boiling some hot water to make hot cocoa and to find the easy-baked cookie dough to get started on making cookies for the love of my life. I hum a soft tune as I stir the water into the cup with the cocoa powder. I felt a hand snake around my waist as I closed my eyes.

"Babe," I whispered as I leaned back into Perrie's chest, feeling her hands wrap around me as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"What are you making?" Perrie asks as she reaches into the cupboard to grab her favorite blue mug. She sets it aside mine as she turns the lights on to see what is cooking inside of the oven, only to grin wide when she turns to look back at me.

"Jade, you didn't have to bake them," Perrie flicks it off as she walks over to me and watches me pour the mixture of hot cocoa into her mug.

"But I wanted to," I reassured her as I brought her back into my arms we both stirred our mugs of hot cocoa and we walked together to sit down at the dining table.

The kitchen was starting to smell like home as we started at each other. Eyes twinkled with hope and love smiles radiating off both of us as we looked at Willy and Hatchi cuddling on their shared pet bed. The pet bed was bought for Hatchi as he was sad to see Willy get a cat tree and he didn't have a spot to call his own other than the bed and couch, but now that he sees Willy beside him. He didn't mind having her by her side on his pet bed. He enjoys the biscuit massages he got from her. Even if Willy was a last-minute purchase from me as a gift to Perrie, she was the best thing to ever happen to the both of us.

"She's so cute," Perrie murmured as she moved to sit beside me. Her mug was right beside mine as she lay in my embrace on the chairs. She looks up from the mug to see me gazing at her.

"So what after this?"

"You'll see," I teased as I got up from the chair, the oven timer dinged as I walked over to it. Perrie stayed in the dining room as she went on her phone to check out her social media, smiling at the fan-made drawings of her and her wife. It's been almost a year that they've been together. Yet it felt like they'd been together for more than just two years. I want to do something different for her. I want to do something special to commemorate our first year together in our home. So that this movement is sealed forever in our hearts and memories.

I was cutting out the cookies when I looked back at the little box beside the cookie box. It was a necklace with my initials on the first loop, and a heart on the second necklace's loop. I'm excited to show her this gift. After stacking the cookies perfectly on a plate, I walked towards the dining room to find Perrie deep inside a post on some social media site. Placing the plate in front of her and the box next.

"Babe, what is this?" Perrie asked as she took a bite out of a cookie and she gazed at me.

"It's for you, a piece of me for you to have wherever you go," I explained as she smiled, a sparkle in her eyes as she looked down in her lap, bringing out a box.

"I also wanted you to have a piece of me in your hands," she handed me the box as we opened our gifts. I waited a little bit to watch her smile grow as she held the necklace in front of her. She gazed intensely at the lettering before melting at the sight of the small heart above the letters.

"Now you, baby, open it up!" Perrie cheered as she watched me open the box. It was a ring that was inside of the box. A delicate piece of diamond cut into a flower with small beads around it. There it was, Perrie's initials engraved inside of it and with 2019 to forever. I looked over at her before helping her put on the necklace after I put the ring on my ring finger, right above my wedding band.

"We fit together like hot cocoa and cookies," I spoke as I sat beside her on the dining room table. We took a small bite out of the cookie as we watched Hatchi and Willy cuddle on the pet bed. Wrapping an arm around Perrie, I laid my head on her shoulder as I smiled.

Merry Christmas, Perrie...