Gift for a Gamer

This is Gift for a Gamer; Jade and Leigh Anne oneshot.
*+*

Slowly stirring the batter in the bowl, Leigh hums a tune as she adds more of the wet mixture. She was baking a cake for her girlfriend's birthday. A few more stirs for the batter to be ready. Pouring it inside the pan, she said to her phone, "Siri, set a timer for 20 minutes."

"Okay, setting a timer for 20 minutes."

She was going to sit back down and scroll the web on her phone when she heard a frightening scream. Her heart was beating fast as she ran to the gaming room. She bursts into the room as she holds onto the whisk. She glanced around the room to spot her girlfriend and her gaming chair lying beside each other on the floor. On the computer's screen, an animated game over text swaying from side to side.

"Jade!" Leigh Anne shouted as she kneeled to bring her girlfriend back to a sitting position on the floor. "What happened?"

"That was... whoa...." Jade broke contact with the floor as she glanced over at Leigh.

"The suspense and action in that one split scene... I'm in love with this game!" Leigh brings Jade up to her feet as she looks over at the game she is playing. Leigh smiled as she caressed Jade's hair to the side.

"I'm glad you liked it, baby," Leigh replied as she fixed Jade's chair so it stood again.

"You got it for me?"

"Of course, baby," Leigh returned Jade's mouse to the desk before looking back at the screen. She watched as Jade sat back on the chair to continue playing the video game.

"Thank you," Jade leans over to kiss Leigh's hands. She nods before returning the favor by kissing her forehead.