3. The Broken Boy

_____________________________________

I'll kill you Hazel, you big ass bitch!

"Yes mom, I'll keep that in mind...I am sorry I was tired I didn't...Nono I am not arguing with you... Yes Yes I accept my mistake I am sorry... I promise it won't happen again...You guys take care, bye love you."
I ended the call and sighed.

My mother had called me in the morning and I was asleep.
Hazel didn't even tell me about it.
Mom got all worried sick and was quite angry about it.

Currently I am on my way to the library I googled about. They need a receptionist there.
Isn't it just destiny. I wanted a part time job, they had one perfect for me.
It's a 20 minutes walk from our apartment.

Perfecto.

Earlier Hazel and I went to the departmental store and bought all the necessary groceries and other important stuff for our needs.

Well grocery shopping is mostly Hazel's task because I have no idea about cooking and all I can do is make coffee or hot chocolate.
Rest I'll burn the kitchen down.
I just went there to buy chocolates.

Hehe.

Hazel was hungry so she went to a restaurant. I asked her to wait there because I wanted to visit the library first.

As I finally reached my destination, I looked at the library in front of me. What a beauty!
As I entered the library, the smell of books entered my nose.

My addiction!
I don't do drugs but I still think books smell would be one of the best drugs.

I saw an old man sitting on the desk with a newspaper.

"Umm hello sir."

The man looked at me through his glasses.

"Hello young lady." He said eyeing me weirdly.

I politely smiled.
"I saw an advertisement on Google that you wanted a receptionist for the library."

"Yeah yeah I do, but I am shocked seeing a girl of your age coming here.
Aren't you in college or something.
Your generation kids working instead of partying is something unexpected."
He said.

"That's right sir. But I am just an old soul born in the wrong generation."

"Oh is it. And seeing that you are here I am guessing you like books. Right?"

"I do sir. Actually I love reading books."

"Why?"

I knew it. The way he greeted me and looked at me, he seemed to have doubts.
I guess he is one of those old dudes who have problems with the current generation. Stating their generation better.