49. The Truth

The ringing of alarm, broke my slumber and I opened my eyes slightly and looked around

The ringing of alarm, broke my slumber and I opened my eyes slightly and looked around. The bed beside me was empty which was not shocking. It had been the same for the past week.

I got out of the bed and walked outside in the living room where Arya was sitting and reading her book.

She looked thinner, no weaker than before. Her face had become dull and her eyes had a constant tired look in them.
She was not fine and whatever was going on was visibly affecting her.

"Did you sleep?" I asked knowing very well that she didn't.

"Yes." She replied back instantly still looking at her book.

I rolled my eyes while pulling up my hair in a high ponytail and walked in the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Do you want to have pancakes?"

"Umm not really. I actually have an early class today so I'll go and get ready. You go with Iyan today, yeah?" She said getting up and began walking towards the bedroom. I sighed frustrated by her repeated excuse.

"Stop making excuses. When was the last time you had a proper meal? And I have been going with Iyan the whole week. Why are you pushing me away Aru?" I asked my voice breaking at the end.

Arya sighed and looked back at me.
For a moment I thought I saw her eyes watering but then she blinked them away quickly as she walked away without answering me.

Everybody have their demons to fight but it seemed like Arya had given up and let those demons take control. And I felt helpless because all I could do is pray and wish for her.

xxx

"Is she there?" I asked looking at the signboard infront of me

'LIBRARY'

"What do you think?" Iyan sighed on the other side of the phone. I cut the call and took a deep breath and walked inside the library.

Despite of being ignored for the past week by her, I am here yet again. I looked around for her and saw her trying to grab a book from one of the top shelves.