17. Where It All Began

_____________________________________

15 years ago
Eros: 4 years old

Mom's gone.
Dada Robert says she has gone for sometime, but I know I will never see her again.
He thinks I am a kid who doesn't understand anything, but I have seen in movies, I have seen how when a person dies they are buried, I have seen mommy being buried the same way.
She will never return to me.
Now all I have is dada.

I was sitting on my usual spot in our library. I like it here. Not because I like books. But it feels like home.
Mommy used to read books to me here, of happy endings and how prince meet their princesses.

I have always wondered if that exist in real life?

I used to ask mommy, "Where is your prince mommy?"

And she used to reply,"You my Eros are my prince. But I am not your princess. One day your princess will come and you will be going with her to the blissful fairy land of love and happiness."

"Even if that happens no one can take princess mommy's place. You will forever be my queen my lady." I bowed my head infront of her, just like how prince used to do infront of her princess.
She used to laugh and hug me.

"Promise me my prince, when your princess comes you will treat her the best way, you will keep her happy and stay with her throughout your life. You will never leave her."

"I promise mommy, but there are so many girls in this world, how will I find my princess?"

She chuckled and replied, " You won't have to find her baby, she will come to you yourself. You will automatically meet each other. It could take years, but there will always be that one right princess for you. And you may not know that she is your princess at first, but you will eventually. And when you do, you will feel like the happiest person on this whole damn world."

"So a girl in long gown with long hair will be my princess?"

"No Eros, the outer appearance is not important. What's important is the inner soul of that person, the heart of that girl. Your princess will be with you through thick and thin of your life, she will be with you always, she will make you happy and without her you would feel incomplete. No matter how she looks, for you she will be the prettiest girl in the world."

I still haven't understood what she meant that day. And now she is gone, so I guess I never will.

"He is just four years old." I heard dada Robert say, "I don't know what has the young boy done to take away his mother from him. He never got the chance to see his dad, and now his mom."

I hear light footsteps approaching me.I look up and a boy of about my age was standing there and a little girl was standing behind him.

"Hi." said the boy. I just nod my head once wondering who are they.
The little girl now came infront of me and held my hand. She had a small height, is she younger than me?
She had short blonde hair and green eyes. Her cheecks had red colour on them. She looked like a cute teddy.