51. In Love

________________________________

I squint my eyes open as I felt a hand caressing my cheeks

I squint my eyes open as I felt a hand caressing my cheeks. I looked at that person and a smile automatically formed on my face.

"How can someone look so ethereal while waking up? No wonder you are my moon." Eros whispered his voice an octave deeper, sending goosebumps throughout my body.

Yesterday night, we both were soaking wet when we came inside and Eros decided that I would spend the night with him.

"Good morning birthday boy." I whispered back and held Eros's face bringing it closer to mine and kissing his forehead. Eros hugged my waist and nuzzled his head inside the crook of my neck.

I felt elated. My eyes watered as I rubbed them, too overwhelmed by this feeling.

Sensing my movement, Eros moved back and looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What happened moon? Are you feeling sick? Did you not sleep well?" He bombarded me with questions as I chuckled.

"I am completely fine. Actually more than fine. I have never been better in my life Eros. I have never slept this good. Everything I am feeling seems to be like a dream and it's overwhelming. I am finally living the life I have read in just books." I sniffled my cries as Eros just pulled me and I hid my face in his chest.

"I feel complete too. Finally the poet in me has found his moon to inspire him." He stated and kissed the top of my head.

I looked up at him and he inched forward to kiss me but I stopped him midway by keeping my hand on his lips.

"Neither you nor I have brushed my teeth Mister. And I very well know my morning breath stinks." I pushed his face and tried getting up out of his hold but he instantly pulled me back.

"No it doesn't. Let me have my morning kiss." He leaned in again and I stopped him, again.

"Let's freshen up first." I said removing his hands from my waist and standing up while he layed with a pout on his face and puppy eyes looking at me.

"Yeah. Yeah. You are cute. Just stop pouting like that." I rolled my eyes and walked inside the bathroom.

I stood infront of the mirror and looked at my 'ethereal' self. Hair strands falling out from all places, my rubber band barely holding any. Eyes swollen, a trail of drool on my chin and my puffed up face.

Eros entered behind me with a seemingly new toothbrush in his hand and stood behind me, making an eye contact with me in the mirror.

"You called this ethereal? I look like a mess!" I pointed at my reflection.