5. Wish

(Read the English lyrics)
______________________________________

We spent this morning getting our subject books, schedules and other stuffs sorted out for tomorrow

It's our first day to college.
And I am completely okay.
Not at all feeling nervous, excited or scared.

Right now I was going to the wishing tree.
There is an old tale of this city, that the tree in the centre of the Central park grants wishes.
If a person sits beneath the tree and truly wishes for something from their heart, their wish comes true.

Now this is an old saying. Some people say it's crap and nonsense. Some people say that it's true. It completely depends on each individual.
You can either be a believer or a cynic.

Hazel says it's bullshit.
I say it's true. Or that's what I believe.

I am what Hazel says an unrealistic person.

I believe in love at first sight.
I believe in destiny.
I believe in fantasy.
I had waited for my Hogwarts Letter to arrive and I still do sometimes.

That's the way I am.
Unrealistic.
Because I find peace in them.

They make this world hopeful and alive.
And to be alive is a strange and wondrous miracle we forget.

I reached the park and then the tree.
The tree was decorated with lights on one side and many people were clicking pics under it.
I sighed.

That's all our generation is about. Social media. Even if they don't really believe in the theory, they found a perfect place for clicking pictures.

I just sat beneath the tree where there were less people.

The back of the tree had no lights.
There would be no person there.
Should I just go there.
Let it be.

Except for few people talking here and there it was quite. After a few minutes the tree lights were turned off and people went away. Now I was the only one near the tree.

I looked at the sky above, which shone with infinite stars above. It's the first time that even without the moon the sky is totally lit up.
Light breeze flowed, giving me goosebumps.

How perfectly peaceful this is.

"Where did you go?" I heard a voice.

Why does it sounds familiar?

"Hope you are happy now."

It's him!

"You remember when we came here for the first time. We were just 5." I hear a deep chuckle.