54. Peaceful

________________________________

The water touched my feet as I sat on the shore looking at the calm peaceful sea

The water touched my feet as I sat on the shore looking at the calm peaceful sea. It reflected back the beauty the night sky held. The moon, a few stars and the navy blue background. The sea showed it all like a crazy lover that wanted to twin with it's beloved.

The sound of the waves acted as the symphony of the heart. Just like my heart which was filled with a specific kind of warmth. Warmth that kept me hot despite of the cold winds hitting my face.

I looked above staring directly at the moon. It wasn't full but still looked prettier than ever.
But not as pretty as mine.

A small smile played on my lips as I remembered her but it soon vanished as I recalled about our last encounter.

She would have read it by now.

I sighed and then stared at the moon again.

"She talks to you alot, doesn't she? You know about all her secrets, pain and joy." I paused and looked at it as if it would reply back.

"I feel envious of you. But I also am grateful. Thanks for being there for her since the beginning." I didn't know if I was making sense, but I was saying exactly what I was feeling.

"Has she ever talked about me?" Just the thought of her talking about me to the moon made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"I'll tell you what I think about her. She is to me what you are to her. The light of hope in the darkness. The source of inspiration for poets."

I felt someone touching my shoulder and I instantly turned around.
There she was, looking like an angel under the moonlight.
Moon angel.

"Hi there." I whispered smiling at her as she sat there looking at me without blinking.

I removed her hand from my shoulder holding it into mine and rubbing circles on the back side of her hand which broke her trance as she looked at it.

"Are you okay?" I asked wanting to know how she felt reading about them.

She looked back at me in the eyes and spoke, "Are you?"

I sighed and pulled her closer to sit beside me. As soon as she sat I pulled her in a side hug and she laid her head on my shoulder, both of us stared at the sea infront of us.

"You are here so why won't I be." I replied to her question after a few seconds.

"I am sorry for my behaviour earlier." She sounded sad and guilty. I turned around and made her look at me while holding her cold face in my warm hands.