Chapter 75

Giada

My stomach was tumbling the whole ride to the banquet, anticipation and nerves making my head swim.

"Girl, please relax. You look great. The dress is perfect for the occasion. Who are you even trying to please? You're already sleeping with their boss, can't rise higher than the top," Nyla says as we walk up to the front door of the venue.

We pass several people already and although it might be my imagination or paranoia, it feels like every single one is watching us. Maybe they're not used to seeing unfamiliar faces? I hope that's the case.

Maybe they'll warm up to us a little once they see who we're with because right now, their condescending looks are making me feel about an inch tall.

And I'm not usually one to be affected by other people's opinions but since these are all somehow related to Andrea, professionally or maybe even genetically, I want approval.

I don't like it.

Nyla doesn't seem to be struggling with the same issue, seeing as she looks perfectly content waltzing past all these people with her head held high. To be fair, she looks like a goddess.

Her red dress seems to glow against her tan skin, her dark hair is pulled into a tight, low bun and a winged eyeliner frames her eyes perfectly. If I didn't respect Andrea so much I would have probably proposed to her three times in the car already.

Oh, and Leo. I mean, imagine having him as an enemy. The pranks would be merciless.

"Earth to Giada," the woman mocks lightly. I shake my head and smile at her.

"Right, sorry. First off, thanks. Second off, please don't say anything like this around any of these people. Not sure who here can actually speak English but I'd hate for Andrea's great-grandma to die of a heart attack because she overheard you," I say, knowing damn well it makes little sense.

First off, as far as I know, Andrea's great-grandmother has been dead for a while. If she weren't, I doubt she'd even understand a syllable in any language other than Italian.

Nyla laughs at me, "Understood, I'll try to keep the comments on low volume. But really, wearing a dress like that you have to own it. I'm sure your man would agree." She gently bumps her shoulder against mine as we walk, nearly toppling me as I look down at my dress.

It's a dark green color, the darkest shade they had, and I must say I really like it. The saleswoman insisted it complemented my eyes so I got it. It also checks the box for much leg space since there's a long slit along one side starting at my left hip and reaching all the way to the bottom of the satin skirt.

I'm obsessed with satin dresses, they're comfortable, form-fitting and look great. What kind of got me was the top of this dress though. At the waist, the silk turns into lace, overlapping neatly so it doesn't clash with anything above it, which is lace too. The color is the same but the different fabric allows more security as I move or bend over despite the low V neck. The last thing I need is to flash someone here. So yeah, there are cups in the dress, holding everything in place.

"Oh look there they are," Nyla suddenly exclaims, making my head shoot up. Instantly, my eyes meet Andrea's. Nyla blows out a breath, seeming a little flustered for the first time today. "God he looks handsome. Is everything where it should be?" she asks me, turning towards me so I can check.

"You look stunning. And judging by his expression, Leo agrees. I can see him drooling from all the way over here," I encourage her.

"Of course, he is. So is yours though."

My gaze moves to Leo's left where Andrea is, still simply staring at me. We're in the mansion's backyard, an enormous space with stone floors that distantly turn into a perfectly mowed lawn. It's beautiful and later, when I'm no longer busy gaping at my man, I'll take a closer look to really appreciate it.

As it is, with each step we're taking in the guys' direction, I become more enthralled by the man. I watch him take me in from head to toe, reveling in the attention. Then I take my time doing the same to him, letting my eyes trail down his black tailored suit. He must've taken off his jacket, understandable in this heat, and I'm not complaining because his white dress shirt fits him sinfully well.

Two buttons at the top undone, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the thin fabric otherwise stretching perfectly around his muscular arms and chest. And those dress pants. Don't even let me get started on how they hug his thick thighs dangerously tightly.

As soon as I'm within arm's reach, he pulls me into him by the waist, crashing his lips on mine even amidst this mass of people. Perhaps it's a statement. Honestly, might just be him not being able to control himself though.

Either way, I melt into him, placing my hands on his shoulders as butterflies go off in my stomach. It's silly since we have only been apart for a few hours but damn, it feels great to be back in his arms.

Too soon, Andrea pulls away only to stare at me more closely. "You look breathtaking, Tesoro. I'm not even sure if I'd rather show you off to everyone or take you back to our room to enjoy you all for myself," he says before stealing another quick kiss.

And that's about all the time alone we get before people start swarming us, talking rapidly and wanting to introduce themselves.

I don't even get to greet Leo. A wide-eyed look in my direction from my friend dressed in a dark blue suit as old Italians start talking to him is all I get. I smile to myself, deciding to let him fend for himself as Andrea tucks me into his side.

————————
Here y'all goo:) bit of a filler but the next one will be... more interesting... I promise;)

Anyway tysm for 40k and have a fantastic day!!!

Here's inspo for the dress since some of y'all asked. If u don't like it feel free to ignore it lmao

 If u don't like it feel free to ignore it lmao