Chapter Twenty Six

Aster's Pov
The days grew more endlessly, and I felt my body changing even more than before. If I wasn't up watching everyone train, or taking shifts guarding Bella's house I was fast asleep or eating food. There's wasn't truly much that I could do since graduation I didn't have to worry about school. Only thing now worried on everyone's mind was the new born army, the Volturi and the new baby on its way here.

Resting firmly in Edward's bed I flipped through the book deeply, all the sounds from outside filling into my head with ease. Animals have some interesting talks I would say so. I could hear footsteps glancing up with a smile when I noticed it was Edward shrugging off his jacket with a heavy sounding sigh.

"Hey, how did the hunt go?" He shrugged his shoulders back plopping down onto the bed with me falling on his stomach in one movement.

"Pretty good till Emmett tackled the mountain lion. We should all be prepared for tomorrow." I glanced at Edward some more, setting the book to the side to run my fingers through the loose tussle of his hair.

"It will be alright now that we know it's Victoria, which could have been easy to guess since she's one of the few people to hold a grudge against not only you, but Bella as well." Edward stayed silent for a moment, before he was moving to press one ear near the large bump with interest locking one arm around my waist.

"Going off track for just a minute, I can hear the baby's thoughts like very very clear." He muttered with interest keeping his entire head in place. I stared at him closely a loose chuckle leaving me.

"Really? What are they thinking?" I leaned more further against the headboard some more seeing a grin formed in his face.

"Very pure... They like when you eat cookies, and they enjoy when you sleep, kicking you seems fun to them." A soft laugh left me rolling my eyes playfully still playing with his hair relaxing at the sensation still tuning into him closely.

"Nice to know our child likes bullying me like you do too. Good thing I won't be going with you guys tomorrow you don't need your pregnant wife slowing you down." The harshest snort tore through out Edward, causing his entire body to shake with his laughter his large palm resting in place over the covered bump.

"Although it would be funny to see you waddling around and having that mutt following you around like a lost puppy, I'm glad you'll be here safe." I lowered my head down to press a few single handed kisses across his temple with ease, feeling him tilt his head up to nuzzle our noses together in place.

"Alright up you go lover boy, I gotta pee for the sixtieth time." Edward only managed a soft groan in disbelief but rolled over away from me giving me space. So that I could roll off my back, my feet hitting the floor with a grunt rubbing at my lower back with a grumble.

I went into the nearby bathroom to do my business, with a estimated time of the minutes while I was washing my hands off, the normal dull pain had gradually increase, the sudden sharp pain over my abdomen had me gasping slightly placing my hand over the sink roughly keeping my arm in place taking deep breaths in. This was a kick but more intense than any of the ones I had ever felt. Shutting my eyes I sighed heavy.

"Edward! Get Carlisle I think it's time!"

____________________________
Never again, never again will sex ever cross my mind. And I thought the pain when you hadn't hunted was terrible. The pain of course wasn't too the full max thanks to Carlisle but cutting the largest slice into my skin was something I would greatly like to picture out of my head.

"Your healing is gonna take just a tad bit longer but it shouldn't scar. I'm proud of you good job, it's a hybrid girl." I looked down at her resting on my chest with curious round eyes, tightening my hands around her, looking back up to stare at Edward. His expression at first was unreadable, shocked scared he was gripping on the counter next to me his eyes widen in place.

I held back my soft urges to laugh out loud, clearing my throat while Carlisle was disinfecting his tools.

"Edward as much as I wanna laugh at your face right now. Our child is here and we need to give her a name." My laughter finally slipped out. He snapped out of it, pushing himself off the counter to lean his head over my shoulder peering at her resting over my breast. A look of curiosity in his eyes stroking at the tan color of her skin.

"She only opened her eyes slightly but she has your eyes. I also think she has your appetite-" I used my free to slap at his arm causing him to laugh quietly giving me a playful look, before he spoke pressing a quick kiss to my cheek in place.

"How about Harper?" He suggested glancing at me some more with a soft expression. "Harper Cullen?" It was simple and not to complicated I tilted my head up pecking at his lips quietly.

"I like it, it's simple suits her."