Chapter Twenty Seven

Aster's Pov
"Are you sure you'll be okay with Emily?" A soft roll of my eye was sent in Edward's direction, carefully cupping at his face. I pressed a soft like kiss to his lips, our nose brushing and rubbing against one another, stroking at the coldness of his face.

"At the moment the safest place would be with my wolf friends right now Edward. You and the family need to be focused not so worried. She makes amazing food and she really wants to meet Harper." I felt a smile took over his face, little of his own kisses pressed over the softness of my lips with ease, his hands moving to drop down and grab at my hips holding them tightly.

"I'm just gonna miss both my girls.. Be safe for me, and when this is all over the wedding is in full planned pack mode. All the dresses and decorations it's gonna be beautiful. I promise." The soft kiss was parted from with a soft like ease, my hands moving to stroke through the soft strands of his hair.

"Be careful too Edward. I mean it." I gave him a playful stare in return, before he was carefully leaning his body back, dropping down to a crouch in front of the carseat with a casual soft grin gently stroking one finger across, Harper's sleeping chin.

"Take care of your mother for me too." Was the last thing he said with a soft grin across his face.

____________________________________
The large smile stayed across Emily face, her arms were secure with holding Harper close rocking her nice and slow like I'm her grip little coos and what not leaving from her lips. "She's so tiny.. She was born a day ago? No way she looks so much like you and Edward it's so nice to meet you Harper." A sleepy smile stayed across my face, sitting firmly on the kitchen table chair, massaging at my temple a few short times with ease, shaking with laughter.

"Yes she's officially one day old, she's very quiet her cries are so quiet if it wasn't for my slight enhanced hearing I would have been freaked out. I laughed gently at the shocked expression on her face, her fingers gently fixing at the socks booties wrapped around her small feet. We chatted quietly with one another. The time catching up with one another was one of just ease and one that had me relaxed.

Emily was suddenly confused after putting Harper back down in the carseat, to move around the table when the back doors opened. You could hear someone whining loudly. The scent was easy enough to know who it was without a doubt.

"Embry aren't you supposed to be with the pack?" Emily had directed that question towards him in clear amusement lifting an eyebrow in his direction. He made a face at both of us, picking at the grapes that were chilled inside the bowl right on the middle of the table.

"That's not until later tonight, plus I'm starving and forget some of my shorts. You always are cooking when we are out of the house." He clicked his tongue a few times against his cheek roughly, causing for her to roll her eyes. He sent a grin in my direction casually hugging at my upper shoulders and body with a smile rubbing at them.

"Hey Aster's what brings you all the way out here? I thought your blood sucker said you were joining the fight?" My own tongue clicked a few times in my own little side of misery, gently nodding towards the carseat with a smile after returning the hug.

"As much as I would enjoy joining the battle. My little one decided to come a few days early. So I'm still healing from birth. But my beautiful daughter Harper is here." I giggled pushing in my own chair, I scooped up her tiny form pressing her close to my chest, kissing at the top of her head a few times rocking her in place.

A small audible yawn left from her parted lips. Her tiny head had lifted slightly to press more firmly on my chest. Embry's eyes were wide in shocked staring at the little baby a little, like he was frozen before he was quickly stumbling back fast over the chair startling both me and Emily as he landed on the floor roughly.

"Oh my god Embry are you okay?" Emily asked fast like moving to grab at his upper bicep to help him up. From my position I could hear how fast his heart was beating, his pupils dilated.

"Huh! Yeah I'm fine I gotta go." He stammered getting up with a deep shake of his head, he was stumbling out the back door leaving me in even more confusion. Emily has blinked a couple times that was until. She was muttering with a small chuckle pressing her palm over her temple in awe.

"Oh no Aster.. I think Embry imprinted on Harper."