Chapter Six

Aster's Pov
The following months seemed to come and go before my eyes. Before I even knew it homecoming was coming.

The entire school buzzing about that. When I was a freshman I went. It was awkward.

I was felt up, and it was the first time I drank. I remember Esme's shocked face when I came home giggling, and laid on the couch.

A night I never could forget. But as the days passed. Bella got more and bolder with questioning Edward.

I, of course, could overhear them cause I had a few classes with the two. She was noticing things. She was smart I'd give her that. But as she grew closer with Edward, so did I.

It was closer then I expected. He would stay the night in my room late at night to help me sleep, help with my homework. Instead of Emmett and everyone taking me to school. Edward did it. Walked me to all my classes. Cracked jokes with me.

It was almost a dream. Today happened to be another deep rainstorm kind of day. I wasn't sure why, but I didn't wanna go to school today.

So I skipped the whole day and went all the way out into the woods and forest. Doing what you ask? Walking through trails, and sitting in trees talking to different animals.

I felt like snow-white but another whole level. I walked up along on a tree branch and keeping my balance talking with a small bird that had landed on my shoulder the rain hitting down hard soaking my entire clothes and body head to toe.

"You know Aster you shouldn't distance yourself then you'll let get in." The bird twitted at me gently.

I smiled softly rubbing its head gently. "Little one I don't have much of a choice, I have no say over anything," I whispered to the bird who just tweeted again flattering its small wings.

I leaped over to one more branch with one loud grunt and gripped onto the branch peeking down when I heard distant voices talking.

I masked my scent with the rain and natural earthy smell and watch as I saw Edward and Bella.

I held my breath confused listening in on them. "I know what you are," Bella whispered out deeply her back not facing him.

"Say it. Out loud." Edward told her his voice filled with a hard tone.

"Vampire." She breathed out gripping her hands tightly my eyes went wide.

I gently kissed the bird's head giving it permission to fly the house, my window wide open.

Oh God Rosalie is gonna so pissed. I thought to myself chewing on my lip roughly watching the two stand there talking with one another.

I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. I even followed them all the way out to the meadow. And what hurts me a little the most is that he brought her to the meadow. It was mine and his place.

I blinked away hurt tears and shook it away still sitting up in the trees. "Bella you have to tell me what you're thinking," Edward whispered keeping her pressed against one of the large trees.

"Now I'm scared." She whispered. I couldn't stand watching this anymore.

I quickly released all my thoughts, breathing and heartbeat standing up on the tree branches pulling my soaked wet hair away from my face watching him snap his head up quick. But I was quicker.

I was leaping from tree to tree fast. My hair blowing behind me as I quickly moved through like a blur hearing a similar sound behind me.

Edward is fast shit I forget. I thought quickly I leaped through my open window quickly slamming it closed behind me locking the lock.

Going over to my door locking it as well closing my curtains to let the dark, stormy day linger through.

I shivered to myself, holding my soaked clothes hearing the small tweets from the bird that now was in the small cage in my room.

I slowly stripped down from my wet clothes and crawled into bed laying there staring at my window a little.

It's always too good to be true, isn't it? I thought softly. I just laid there in my soaked bra and underwear. Shutting my eyes.

I knew I was gonna get in trouble for skipping class but I just wanted to be alone, with my depressing thoughts fill the air.

_______________
I wasn't sure how long I had been lying there, listening to my breathing, and the small shakes that left my shivering body.

By the time I actually got up my body was dry from the rain of the day, my own tears soaked away at the sheets of my bed, or was it the rain? I wasn't too sure anymore.

I changed into an overlarge hoodie, and some old shorts I had stuffed in a drawer feeling too drained to do anything to fix my hair. Hearing two small faint knocks on my door.

"It's not Edward I promise, it's me." I heard Jasper's voice call out.

I visually relaxed my shoulders sinking, getting up opening the door a crack bit for him to step in.

He made his way over sitting down on the bed patting the spot next to him. "I felt your emotions all the way out here before we even got home, is that way you skipped today." He whispered.

"Jas," I whispered raising my knees up, resting my head up on my knees gazing at him.

"Why does my heart so much?" I whispered softly hearing him intake a small breath gently.

"I know you don't wanna call it that, but its love Aster." He whispered back. I kept a small grip on my knees and let a tiny chuckle out.

"Yeah... That's love alright." I whispered back feeling him gently rub my back up and down.

"Your heart is gonna hurt for a while, but eventually it will heal itself up." He reassured me.

I chewed at my lower lip before mumbling. "It sounds wrong Jas, but It's just gonna cause me more hurt. I love Edward, I care about him, but I want no parts of dealing with Bella, I don't." I said softly.

"I don't blame you okay, and no one is gonna be upset about you keeping your distance from her." He reassured me more.

He wrapped his arms around me gently. I was afraid he was uncomfortable still feeling the blood flow through me. But it didn't seem to bother him. He rubbed my shoulders up and down.

"Its gonna be okay, watch you'll see."