Chapter Seven

Aster's Pov
"Does she even like Italian food." I peeked up a little from sitting on the counter watching Carlisle Esme and Emmett cook food for when Bella comes today.

Jasper and Alice were somewhere in the back cause she was afraid Jasper was gonna be uncomfortable.

"Her name is Bella." Carlisle joked softly looking up for a minute. "At least we have an excuse to use the kitchen." He called out softly.

"I use the kitchen always." Esme giggled feeding me a piece of chicken which I took eating it happily.

"She makes amazing meals." I chuckled swinging my legs a bit gently. "As long as you eating both blood and food," Emmett told me softly.

I gave him a soft smile. "I always balance the two don't worry." I smiled at him watching him smile.

Rosalie sniffed in a bit before mumbling. "Here comes the human." She mumbled walking passed me her heels clicking, gripping a glass bowl.

I kept chewing a bit at the pieces of food being handed to me. My eyes followed the movements watching Edward enter with Bella clinging to his arm trailing behind him.

I hummed softly still swinging my legs watching closely "Bella this is Esme, my mother of purposes." He joked. I smiled lightly at that watching Esme go over to Bella hugging her slightly.

"My brother Emmett, Carlisle and Aster my butterfly." He explained smiling at me.

I gave her a small head nod as a greeting with a slight smile "we're making food for you." Esme told her gently.

I watched Bella shift a bit "it does smell good." She called out.

"She already ate," Edward explained. I jolted watching Rosalie grip the bowl a little too tightly breaking it making it crack.

"Great just great." Rosalie snapped out "it's just I know you guys don't eat." Bella stammered out.

"No how considerate of you," Esme told her looking back over at Rosalie giving her a disapproval look.

"That's actually not true, Aster can eat," Emmett called out smiling at me.

"Wait really how?" Bella questioned looking at me confused. I focused on her humming, opening my mouth but Edward spoke before me.

"She's, half-human, half-vampire." Edward told her sending me a soft smile which I returned gently.

"That's possible." She asked very confused "in some cases yes." I answered gripping the counter a bit.

I watched as Rosalie started ranting deeply and I so badly wanted to start laughing chewing at it fingernails watching everyone.

I focused my eyes over to watch Alice jumped down from the branches on the balcony and Jasper followed behind her.

"Bella." Alice beamed wrapping her in a big hug. "Oh, you do smell good." Alice giggled pulling Edward gave her a strange look.

"Don't worry Bella and I are gonna be great friends." She giggled out.

"Jasper is the newest to the family." Carlisle explained to her "don't worry Jas you won't her." Alice reassured him gently.

"It's nice to meet you, Bella," Jasper whispered to her. "Alright then, I'm gonna show her the rest of the house, Aster, we need to talk later," Edward called sternly to me.

I waved him off watching the two walk-offs. "I'll help you clean Rose," I told her chuckling finally letting my laughs escape after the awkward meeting getting down.

"Thank you." She called relieved shaking her head. Esme told me I could have the food that was cooked which I was happy about.

The day seemed to fly by, I avoided running into Bella and Edward the house, even though he did make her a song. Bella's lullaby it was pretty, but nothing could compare to the one he made me.

It was late at night and I was sleepy but I had homework and essays to do.

I chewed on my pencil, books, and paper everywhere. I heard my door open but didn't look up, feeling Edward sit down on the edge of the bed with me.

"Hey." He whispered to me. I lifted my head up gazing at him, pulling my hair back.

"Hey," I responded back still chewing on my pencil a bit.

"Listen, I don't want anything to change Aster, just because Bella is here doesn't mean that you're any less important to me, doesn't mean I'm gonna forget about you." He explained to me.

"Isn't that the point though Edward?" I questioned. "You found your mate great I'm happy for you, that's not why I'm hurt, I'm hurt because I was here before Bella, yet you took her to our place, our meadow, when you know that place means a lot to me, you wrote her a song and played it for her, you did the first with me, so yeah, it feels like I'm being replaced," I called out avoiding his eye contact.

I knew more of my hidden emotions were gonna come out.

"I'm not replacing you Aster look at me." He said sternly lifting my chin up making me look up at him sighing watching him.

"No one can replace you okay, not anyone, you need to know that, she cant replace you okay." He whispered gently.

"I'm sorry that my actions have been hurting you, I never meant for that, you'll always be my butterfly okay," he told me softly with a smile.

I gave him one back gently slowly nodding my head. "Okay, Edward," I whispered gently.

"Its gonna take me some time to get used to, but eventually I will," I told him gently watching him stroke my cheeks a little.

"You mean more to me, then what your mind will let you think." He mumbles to me.

I look at him my face full of confusion but didn't think too much over it.

"Alright, I gotta finish this homework, and an essay," I told him chuckling watching his lips twist in amusement.

"Want any help?" He asked me softly. I chuckled lightly before nodding. "It would be nice to have some help," I told him still smiling watching him settle down on my bed again.

He grabbed my notebook scanning his eyes. I couldn't help but smile watching him gently.